Pre-Game Talk: Pour a Glass of Sun Tea, Carolina's visitin' 1-19-15 @ the ACC (7:30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
For Those Wanting Playoffs:
the Leafs need to win 24-13 and 5 (about that). Florida + NYR have games in hand

but also -

For Those Wanting a High draft Pick:
the Leafs fell from 12th to 10th, and with key losses can be 9-11th.

Carolina beat us on our last visit. Also they had the amazing Goal last year. which - kind of amazing still

Their offense hasn't been this bad since 1954, according to Mirtle.

May the Leafs best effort ensure the best result :)
(next on the Docket is back on the road @ Ottawa before the All Star Weekend)

Last edited:

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
Unfortunately im going to this game. I bought the tickets during the 10 game winning streak thinking that this team is finally good. Little did I know this is the Leafs we are talking about...

Its a shame I cant go there and cheer them on to actually win, instead im going to be watching their flaws in disgust, and quietly dreaming about McDavid

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
It's so hard to root for a loss... It's just embarrassing...

But a loss would be better in the long run.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
7 of our next 8 against teams below us in the standings. You would think we could pull out some wins or at least score some goals. But with this team who knows.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
It's Carolina. So when it's Buffalo or Carolina... we lose . Book it. Get your proline tickets. Freebie right here. Leafs don't beat Buffalo.. and they don't beat Carolina.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
7 of our next 8 against teams below us in the standings.

That means nothing. Absolutely nothing. We can easily blow all 7 games against teams below us. Games against teams below us in the standings have typically gone sideways. To be honest I don't care what position any of the other teams are in, it never seems to matter with these guys. Remember the 6-1 blowout against the Sabres in December? Proof right there. They're sinking and will be sunk after these next 7 or 8 games.

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
Honestly, I say tank all the way. A playoff appearance by this current Leafs squad would just give unnecessary false perceptions, just because its the playoffs, meanwhile we get slaughtered in the first round because we don't know what consistancy is. While I don't condone to tanking, I don't see any other better alternative. I know fans that visit the ACC for games will be pissed, but thats why you just dont go. If we become a good team in the next 3-4 years because of tanking, fans will forgive the past quite easily. Look at Chicago and Pittsburgh

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Unfortunately im going to this game. I bought the tickets during the 10 game winning streak thinking that this team is finally good. Little did I know this is the Leafs we are talking about...

Its a shame I cant go there and cheer them on to actually win, instead im going to be watching their flaws in disgust, and quietly dreaming about McDavid

Or what you could do is sell the tickets, make a profit and put your money to good use instead, makes sense no?

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
It's Carolina. So when it's Buffalo or Carolina... we lose . Book it. Get your proline tickets. Freebie right here. Leafs don't beat Buffalo.. and they don't beat Carolina.

I kinda agree... Normally the leafs lose to these teams when they think their own **** don't stink which isn't the case this team. I actually think they win tommorow, then you have all the bandwagon jumpers going on about suddenly the leads having a snowballs chance in heck of making the dance.

I'm calling IT now we win 4-2.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Great, right when we need a win badly, we get Canes...

A team we do SO well against

Why do we need a win so badly? Surely you know this team isn't going to the playoffs right? If anything them winning is a bad thing because it means we climb further away from a lottery pick... Of course this is the leafs they always do the opposite and making things hard on themselves, which is why I do think they win tommorow.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Expecting a win tonight. Time to get the season back on track.

Any of the injured coming back?

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009

i'm also going. i'm considering wearing a paper bag .

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Lots of teams struggle in their first home games back from a road trip and Leafs just went through death valley and a time zone change.

Canes are also 5-3 in 2015 mainly due to get Jordan Staal back and we all know that Staal boys are local Ontario kids coming home adding incentive.

All things considered this will make winning this game even more difficult than normal.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Time for this team to put on a little winning streak.
Get everyone excited that maybe they can overtake Boston/Washington/NYR/Florida for 1 of 2 wild card spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad