Recalled/Assigned: Pouliot recalled/Farnham re-assigned

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Dumo should be up over Harrington and Pouliot. Harrington and Pouliot are and will be superior players, but Dumoulin is more NHL ready.

EDIT: if they're worried about the PP, Ehrhoff should be getting Letang's spot. Pouliot will be a good ppqb in the NHL but he's not ready yet.

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So the message sent is Chicago is not a team of psychopaths?

Farnham obviously was recalled because the Pens knew what the Flyers were going to do. I like some of what he brings to the table, but honestly would enjoy seeing what Pouliot can do more. Not even close really.

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
How is it that Sill doesn't get axed when he takes that penalty at the end of regulation last night, and then absent-mindedly plays the puck leading to the too many men on the ice penalty? Does he do anything well enough to excuse this? Cause I don't see it.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
How is it that Sill doesn't get axed when he takes that penalty at the end of regulation last night, and then absent-mindedly plays the puck leading to the too many men on the ice penalty? Does he do anything well enough to excuse this? Cause I don't see it.
Mike Johnston apparently sees a lot of things that we don´t. Just accept it, my friend.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
My latest theory on Sill is it's the Nova Scotia connection MJ>Sid>Sill. That and they seem to enjoy his locker room presence.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Oh good. One of the only semi-useful fourth liners available to the team sent back down. Scratch Goc again and make it 2/2.

Looking forward to watching Pouliot for way more minutes than he should realistically be getting, tonight.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Oh good. One of the only semi-useful fourth liners available to the team sent back down. Scratch Goc again and make it 2/2.

Looking forward to watching Pouliot for way more minutes than he should realistically be getting, tonight.

That was sarcastic, but I actually am. Not that I am expecting amazing things, I expect a lot of mistakes. But still will be fun to see what he can do out there. Wasn't it fun seeing him pull a Mario, first goal on first shot in first game? It adds some interest to a dreary game in January for me, one that we likely lose pretty badly.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
That was sarcastic, but I actually am. Not that I am expecting amazing things, I expect a lot of mistakes. But still will be fun to see what he can do out there. Wasn't it fun seeing him pull a Mario, first goal on first shot in first game? It adds some interest to a dreary game in January for me, one that we likely lose pretty badly.

He had ups and downs last callup. I liked some things. Didn't like others.

I have a hard time getting excited for Pouliot, TBH. I just don't know where the guy fits in when it comes to the big picture.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa

Everyone needs to stop blaming him for the second one. Geno jumped over the boards WAY early. Sill wasn't even half-way across the ice and Geno is a few strides from the boards. Not enough blame has fallen on the two "leaders" of this team over the years. Crosby has not been the same player since he got Steckled, and Malkin has always been prone to mental lapses. Crosby has developed terrible habits over the last three or so seasons, and Malkin hasn't improved in some areas of his game.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
They already have a guy to do that. Given... he's not good at it. But that's the company line. Guys who put up big powerplay numbers want paid. I don't see room for both and they already balked once at trading Letang.

And I don't agree about that last change. Malkin jumped off early. That's pretty common... not just for Malkin, either. But in general. Could have/should have been a cleaner change but if we are assigning blame to just one guy, it's clearly on Sill and his awful hockey IQ. But whatever... not really important, now.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
They already have a guy to do that. Given... he's not good at it. But that's the company line. Guys who put up big powerplay numbers want paid. I don't see room for both and they already balked once at trading Letang.

And I don't agree about that last change. Malkin jumped off early. That's pretty common... not just for Malkin, either. But in general. Could have/should have been a cleaner change but if we are assigning blame to just one guy, it's clearly on Sill and his awful hockey IQ. But whatever... not really important, now.

I am not saying that there are not maybe better options there, merely that it will be fun seeing one of our top prospects in the game. Add some interest to a game where we may be embarrassed by the score.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Goc, as lame as he is, can play the game at least. It seems like Goc/Adams/Sill can all kill penalties. Not gonna argue about Farnham because it'll inevitably lead to a "Goons scare the other team!" vs. "No they honestly don't" debate.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
I don't see Farnham as anything like a goon. He's showing to be as an effective old-school agitator as any in the league right now. He basically got jumped by three Flyers right before he fought the sissy who wouldn't remove his shielded helmet. That's why he draws penalties. I don't know if he goes around telling opponents that their wife is a dyke, or what, but everyone seems to hate him.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I was at the game last night.. everytime Farnham was on the ice, he was noticeable.. He always took the body and had good body position on multiple occasions..

honestly, I dont know what this coaching staff is thinking with not keeping him in the lineup. :help:

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Goc, as lame as he is, can play the game at least. It seems like Goc/Adams/Sill can all kill penalties. Not gonna argue about Farnham because it'll inevitably lead to a "Goons scare the other team!" vs. "No they honestly don't" debate.

Sill can kill penalties but is an absolute drain of energy, especially with Adams. Farnham actually has some speed and has killed penalties in WBS. I'm not saying Farnham's an NHLer but he makes so much more sense than Sill.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
My latest theory on Sill is it's the Nova Scotia connection MJ>Sid>Sill. That and they seem to enjoy his locker room presence.

He seems to be a really popular guy for some reason. Kind of like Colby v2.0, but at least Colby could play a little while he was here. I seriously don't get it one bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad