Pouliot close to signing with the Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamBam

Sep 10, 2005
Epsilon said:
Pouliot is just about the last player from the 2005 draft who should be playing in the NHL this year.

so like. just about who is ahead of him? iyho?

AgentNaslund*

if Pouliout can make the team it shows how weak the Minnesota wild are on Offence. Unless I am missing something, Any wild fans can fill us in, in whats happening with him? eg Canuck fans can tell you a million reasons why Bourdon can make the NHL right now.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
They did the right thing. Pouliot's a hell of a player, but he isn't ready for the NHL yet. Hopefully Foy capitalizes on his chance.

AgentNaslund*

good choice Minnesota. Hes better off developing, getting stronger, and he will be there when Canada goes to war once again to defend the title.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Epsilon said:
Pouliot is just about the last player from the 2005 draft who should be playing in the NHL this year.

While I agree that signing him would have been a bad move I am not with you on this one.

Good to see Pouliot go back to Sudbury.

Foy sure has the tools, lets see if he can do it.

Transported Upstater

Brock said:
I really like Pouliot and I think he's going to be a wonderful NHL player. He was second on my draft list behind Crosby.

I do however, not agree with this at all. Pouliot is still such a raw player. His offensive skills, every skill he possesses is currently so raw. And you can see that watching him play. He's still very much learning. And I fear that if they do this to him now, and treat him like Bouchard and Burns where he doesn;t get utilized much, it will really, really hurt his development. Especially as an offensive player.

:bow: :clap:

Transported Upstater

PuckFan01 said:
Those guys are still very young. We have a long way to go before we can really say they got "F'd up".

Agreed.

Burns was raw when Minnesota drafted him, and they knew it, so you can't say Burns is a bust IMO, not yet. He's had a lot of turnover in his situation in the past 3 years, and that would make it tough on anyone. He's just a longer term pick, and I don't consider it fair to label him a bust.

Remember, everyone, how good a draft class he was in again...

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
TransportedUpstater said:
Agreed.

Burns was raw when Minnesota drafted him, and they knew it, so you can't say Burns is a bust IMO, not yet. He's had a lot of turnover in his situation in the past 3 years, and that would make it tough on anyone. He's just a longer term pick, and I don't consider it fair to label him a bust.

Remember, everyone, how good a draft class he was in again...

burns is gonna be a monster at D...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad