Poulin

SuperLight

Oct 26, 2013
How's he really doing besides getting lit up? Poor guy. I have a chance to pick him up in my league for Enroth, but I just can't get an understanding of the guy. how about you pros?

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
How's he really doing besides getting lit up? Poor guy. I have a chance to pick him up in my league for Enroth, but I just can't get an understanding of the guy. how about you pros?

picking up any isles goaltender is a bad idea....with no defense the best goalie in the league will look terrible

SuperLight

Oct 26, 2013
picking up any isles goaltender is a bad idea....with no defense the best goalie in the league will look terrible

Not sure a Buffalo tender is any better :) both are young though and there is re-building for both clubs ... taking the very long term view.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
I have to say I've been quite pleased with both Poulin and Nilsson. Sure their rebound control needs to be better, but with our defense I think they have both showed good potential.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I have to say I've been quite pleased with both Poulin and Nilsson. Sure their rebound control needs to be better, but with our defense I think they have both showed good potential.

Have to agree, considering we have the worst D in the NHL, the youngsters are doing a good job. There have been games that Poulin has looked very good, yet has lost 1-0 and 2-0. Then there are games like last night (12/9/12) against San Jose, basically stealing the game by making 46 saves. Even reading comments from San Jose's players and coaches, they were raving at how well Poulin played last night. So he definitely has the POTENTIAL to be THAT goalie who steals games, BUT, he needs to show more consistency in doing that. If he can, he can definitely be a #1 goalie in the NHL, the talent AND potential are there. And I feel the same can be said for Nilsson. Confidence and consistency are the key. UNFORTUNATELY, that is tough to achieve in front of the Isle's horrendous D.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
Poulin reminds me of Weeks. He'll stop 60 shots in a game, still find a way to lose, but never be able to step up and progress to the next level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad