Potvin returning as color man.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Glad to see Potvin back, and also happy to see Lindsay sticking around. He is a goofball, but we all love him for it.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Glad to see Potvin back!! I'm also glad Lindsay will be with Goldfarb now, maybe I won't always take a bathroom or snack break when he comes on the air.

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
Always liked Potvin - This is a great move by the cats org.

I will miss Lindsy's weird jokes and comments. I am glad he is still on the broadcast team.

I am not sure if any of you remember, but during one broadcast - There was an icing and Goldie thought it was a penalty call or something, not sure - and Lindsay absentmindedly correct him by saying "no its not, it's an icing stupid" (or something to that extent, I forgot) and goldie responded "please do not call me stupid" and there was like a good 2 minutes of silence between them. It was HILARIOUS. I cried of laughter when that happened.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Always liked Potvin - This is a great move by the cats org.

I will miss Lindsy's weird jokes and comments. I am glad he is still on the broadcast team.

I am not sure if any of you remember, but during one broadcast - There was an icing and Goldie thought it was a penalty call or something, not sure - and Lindsay absentmindedly correct him by saying "no its not, it's an icing stupid" (or something to that extent, I forgot) and goldie responded "please do not call me stupid" and there was like a good 2 minutes of silence between them. It was HILARIOUS. I cried of laughter when that happened.

hahahaha. must have been at a home game because i missed that.

i liked billy. i thought he was actually a good analyst. he was a homer (ie, he clearly "cheered" for the panthers) - but was honest and not afraid to really trash our players for their lack of effort/production. kinda like tommy hutton, for you marlins fans.

and the things that people here find annoying about him (aka: his propensity to make up words/get tongue tied) - i found hilarious. so he never bothered me.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
B2F89EFC_zpsa06da780.jpg

Is it me or does it look like Billy's a little unhappy Potvin took his job.

Jan 19, 2006
I feel bad for Billy.

He was clearly out of his depth when he first took on the position, but he had made significant improvements and IMO did a very respectable job last year.

I hope things work out for him - he seems like a genuinely nice human being.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I feel bad for Billy.

He was clearly out of his depth when he first took on the position, but he had made significant improvements and IMO did a very respectable job last year.

I hope things work out for him - he seems like a genuinely nice human being.

I agree Billy had gotten a lot better sometimes his Billyisms were the only thing that made the games enjoyable. But if they do any on ice pieces with Potvin and Billy Potvin better watch his back. :hit:

Past Considerations

May 13, 2007
Finland
From the couple of games I've watched so far, I have to say I'd prefer Lindsay. Potvin seems to just dumb down the comments too much for the average viewer (if Panthers has any). Nostalgia does not influence my opinion because I didn't even know he was doing this before. Feels like this change was done more in the name of credibility or something.

So, not sure if PBP/announcing is improved, but overall anything that reduces Goldfart's screentime is definitely an improvement.

Imho Panthers is clearly in the better half of the league what comes to home(r) commentators. I rely on Gamecenter and I'm mostly neutral so it is easy to compare.

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'd say that Billy brought more comic relief, but Potvin has been fine so far.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
billy always came up with random stuff to fill the broadcast with, i enjoyed him a lot. potvin might be more talented as a player and know a bit more, but like wirelessflyingcord said, he dumbs it down a lot and is a bit repetetive. i dont think potvin will bust out stuff like top winnipeg facts

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
I miss Billy... he was hilarious... him and Goldstein going at it poking fun at each others wardrobe among others things made it funny.

Loved his "high cheese" calls

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I do like Potvin and his experience of the game, but he does complain about the refs quite too much even though many of the calls have been very questionable. I think Goldie had better chemistry with Billy, but I understand why the moves were made. I wonder how Billy feels about the changed role this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad