TSN: Potter Claimed

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Good to see him get an NHL job in another city as opposed to finishing off the year in OKC and fading into oblivion.

But I'd be lying if I didn't admit I was surprised to see him get claimed.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Time for the next useless Oiler defenseman to show that he is a decent/good 2nd/3rd pair guy on a team playing a system (any system...)...

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
watch him become a 20 minute a night beast in the playoffs lol

Is it sad that I honestly think this every time the Oilers lose a 7th d-man/13th forward? That he'll go flourish on a team with a semblance of defensive structure/break out :laugh:

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Got way too much crap here. Ok 6/7 guy and better than a lot of the guys who has played ahead of him over the years. Good luck in Boston Potter.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Got way too much crap here. Ok 6/7 guy and better than a lot of the guys who has played ahead of him over the years. Good luck in Boston Potter.

Agree. A decent #7. Unfortunately, a decent #7 slots in as a bad #4/5 here, and the player looks horrible as a result. No need for him here though. Good luck in Boston.

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Agreed, but I'm not surprised. Most Oiler fans and posters don't recognize a useful 5/6/7 defenseman unless he hits people into next week, or can score.

See Tom Poti, Tom Gilbert, Corey Cross, Eric Brewer.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Agreed, but I'm not surprised. Most Oiler fans and posters don't recognize a useful 5/6/7 defenseman unless he hits people into next week, or can score.

Three of those 4 were more than 5/6/7 defensemen, really you have a decent 2nd pairing a 6/7 and one guy who could be in a top pairing if you have a really good #1. Unfortunately the Oilers havent had a #1 guy since 2006.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton

Poti, Gilbert, and Brewer were all better than bottom pairing defencemen, on the Oilers and on other teams.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
He is definitely much better than Fraser. Not sure how Fraser even slots into the lineup, ever.

Anyways, we get a contract spot and the Bruins get a guy to cheer from the PB most nights. I'm pretty sure he isn't the replacement for Seidenberg :)

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Poti, Gilbert, and Brewer were all better than bottom pairing defencemen, on the Oilers and on other teams.

+1

Always considered Gilbert second pairing or better. Potter... AHL filler. Never got on the Potter PP bandwagon. Have the same opinion of Larsen and to an extent Fedun (who appears to have better hockey IQ but lacks size).

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
+1

Always considered Gilbert second pairing or better. Potter... AHL filler. Never got on the Potter PP bandwagon. Have the same opinion of Larsen and to an extent Fedun (who appears to have better hockey IQ but lacks size).

I am guessing you didn't watch the last Florida highlights. His perfect pass into the slot for the opposing team is why I personally do not think he should ever be in any serious teams top 4. He panics in his own end and just generally is a train wreck defensively. Decent puck mover tho...

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He's not better then Mark Fraser, he looks like he should be better, but doesn't think the game well at all. That's why he's where he is, a tweener, because those physical tools don't mean much in the NHL if you can't think the game.

Glad he's gone, good luck to him I guess.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
No idea why anyone would want him, but glad we don't have to watch him struggle out there. Shame on Eakins for playing him at all this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad