Speculation: Potential Sharks new low point in futility. Can we do it?

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
So, this is interesting. In the entire history of the San Jose Sharks, they've never had a full season in which they didn't have a 20 goal scorer. Duclair had 16 and Hertl had 15 so obviously they're not getting there, and the only one with a shot is Fabian Zetterlund who needs 4 goals to hit that mark. Behind him are Eklund, Zadina and Hoffman at 10 so they're clearly not going to come close.

The question is, will Zetterlund do it?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
We can do it.

And then look at Chicago who is even worse then us. And they can potentially end up with 3. Dickinson, Bedard and Foligno are all within 5 goals.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
In before Eklund goes on a heater, scoring a goal per game the rest of the way to finish at 29/30 and single-handedly costs the team the top lottery spot with his 30th goal being a buzzer-beater GWG in the final game of the season to move 2 points ahead of Chicago and 1 point ahead of Ottawa in the standings.

because shorks.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I also wonder, Granlund has 40 points so there's a decent chance he gets to 50 points. Without looking it up, I wonder if we've ever had a season where we didn't have a 50 point player.

I'm curious how many other unflattering records we're on the verge of breaking.

In before Kunin goes on a heater, scoring a goal per game the rest of the way to finish at 29/30 and single-handedly costs the team the top lottery spot with his 30th goal being a buzzer-beater GWG in the final game of the season to move 2 points ahead of Chicago and 1 point ahead of Ottawa in the standings.

because shorks.
FTFY

• Haha
Reactions: landshark and DG93

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I also wonder, Granlund has 40 points so there's a decent chance he gets to 50 points. Without looking it up, I wonder if we've ever had a season where we didn't have a 50 point player.

I'm curious how many other unflattering records we're on the verge of breaking.

FTFY
The worst was 200/01, marleau 52.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Nah. Kunin doing it would be darkest timeline hilarity. Eklund doing it would be full-on end of Star Wars Episode III "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!" betrayal that would hurt infinitely more.

Also Kunin has 8 goals so he'd need to score at an even higher rate to get there.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Nah. Kunin doing it would be darkest timeline hilarity. Eklund doing it would be full-on end of Star Wars Episode III "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!" betrayal that would hurt infinitely more.

Also Kunin has 8 goals so he'd need to score at an even higher rate to get there.
Kunin goes on a heater, ends up with 30 goals while leading the team to 29th in standings. Grier resigns Luke to a Labanc-like contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad