Potential rivalry with Las Vegas

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I could see this being similar to Panthers/Lightning. Both representing Florida. Us both representing and building hockey in the Southwest. That being said, if we meet in the playoffs, it's on.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Yeah man, Las Vegas is cool. I'm down with all the Sun Belt teams. Dallas, Smashville, Cats, #HCanes. Just not the Kings. **** the Kings. But Vegas is cool. At least until they aren't.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I say we just try and play big brother. Generally the two of us get along, but in the end the fact that we can and do kick their ass pisses them off inside

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
When the Devils moved to NJ they were "friends" with NYI given a lot of former/older Islanders were on those very early and very bad Jersey teams, the teams also shared hate for the Rangers and Flyers.

In 1988 little brother Devils beat big brother Isles in a brutal and bloody 6 game playoff series. Friends no more.

Could see that happening with AZ and LV. Friendly until that first playoff series.

Sorry to drop some ancient history, but us old timers are inclined to do so from time to time :)

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Let's not do this and be their best friends instead.

Anyone else feel this way? We can just hate the Kings together.

Too girlish. I go with Ivan Drago.

201603_0400_abefd_sm.jpg

howlincoyote2k1

Apr 14, 2005
Provo, Utah
I agree with the "they're cool...until they're not" sentiment.

We can be buddies, but if one of their guys takes a run at Domi/Duclair/Strome, or if they start going all LA, or if their fans start acting like jerks, then screw 'em.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
... or if they start going all LA, or if their fans start acting like jerks ...
You just said the same thing twice.

Vegas will be the easiest Coyotes road trip all season, and I hope every one of you gets the chance to make it. Arcosanti, Flagstaff, Boulder City, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, Havasu ... its a great drive and there are so many great stops along the way.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
You just said the same thing twice.

Vegas will be the easiest Coyotes road trip all season, and I hope every one of you gets the chance to make it. Arcosanti, Flagstaff, Boulder City, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, Havasu ... its a great drive and there are so many great stops along the way.

FedAxQR.png

wJJ5urW.png

Balls.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Tons of Kings fans in Vegas from what I have seen. I know a rival needs to also view you as the enemy also, but I am sure local fans will come to hate California teams in a hurry.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I think they;ll be like Nashville. I think fans of both teams like to see the other do well unless they're playing against each other. And during/after the playoff series against them things stayed respectable.

Underdog markets gotta stick together.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'm just looking to forward to the 45 minute flight with a long weekend. Catch the game one night, a show the next then home. Should be a fun little vacation.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'm just looking to forward to the 45 minute flight with a long weekend. Catch the game one night, a show the next then home. Should be a fun little vacation.

There's no group of happier people than the flight to Vegas. Party in the sky.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I hate them all but tolerate most as we need someone to play against. Other than my love/hate relationship that I have had with the Leafs since I was a Child!!

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
They're an expansion team. They'll be terrible for at least five years. Rivalries are born in the playoffs. That's a long time away.
I don't know, with these expansion draft rules, I'm not so sure. They probably won't have much goal-scoring talent to work with, but there;s going to be a good handful of teams that will have to make difficult decisions about which defenseman to expose. And they'll probably end up with some pretty decent goaltending. The right coach could make it work if he gets enough scoring by committee, much like Tipp did during his first three years here.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00