Keith Yandle
Robert Nilsson
Michael Grabner
Blake Comeau
Carl Soderberg
Jack Skille
Jonathan Toews
Jack Johnson

There is no way I'll get to keep all these guys at the end of the year so I was wondering if you could help me determine what to expect in terms of point production in their prime for some or all these players.

Ideally, pick one, a few or all of those and do something like :

Player1 : 20g, 40a (60p)
Player2 : 25g, 25a (50p)

Try to be realistic! ;)

Thanks

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
Eric Fehr -- 25g, 20a (45p)
Benoit Pouliot -- 35g, 35a (70p)
Jeff Tambellini -- 20g, 30a (50p)
Perrtu Lindgren -- 15g, 25a (40p)
Martin Hanzal -- 20g, 50a (70p)
Keith Yandle -- 10g, 30a (40p)
Robert Nilsson -- 35g, 40a (75p)
Michael Grabner -- 25g, 35a (60p)
Blake Comeau -- 20g, 30a (50p)
Carl Soderberg -- 15g, 25a (40p)
Jack Skille -- 30g, 35a (65p)
Jonathan Toews -- 25g, 55a (80p)
Jack Johnson -- 15g, 45a (60p)

markg

Nov 17, 2006
Thanks hsthashersfan, I appreciate your input. Most of that sounds about right to me.

Anyone else wants to try?

CronoX

Mar 15, 2006
Hockeytown, MI
Toews and Johnson should be kept at all costs.

Grabner & Fehr are wild cards since they'll probably have an all-star lined up with them to increase production (Graber -> Sedins and Fehr -> Semin or Ovechkin). Pouliot has great potential, but probably won't reach it.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Pouliot, Tows and Johnson have the best potential.

POuliot looked good when he was up with us and is having a good year in the AHL and I think is proving the bust people wrong.

also know way Pouliot potential tops out at 70 points.

markg

Nov 17, 2006
Thanks everyone. So far, the consensus seems to be that Toews, Johnson and Pouliot are the 3 top ones to keep. This pretty much confirms what I had in mind. But the real tricky part is after that...

Eric Fehr
Jeff Tambellini
Perrtu Lindgren
Martin Hanzal
Keith Yandle
Robert Nilsson
Michael Grabner
Blake Comeau
Carl Soderberg
Jack Skille

Let's say I had to pick 3 of those. Who would you pick and why?

knsmith85

Oct 3, 2006
Troy, NY
Thanks everyone. So far, the consensus seems to be that Toews, Johnson and Pouliot are the 3 top ones to keep. This pretty much confirms what I had in mind. But the real tricky part is after that...

Eric Fehr
Jeff Tambellini
Perrtu Lindgren
Martin Hanzal
Keith Yandle
Robert Nilsson
Michael Grabner
Blake Comeau
Carl Soderberg
Jack Skille

Regarding the Islanders prospects...

Comeau's value comes from his two-way assets. So dump him from your fantasy team.

Nilsson is feast or famine. If he puts things together, he'll score points by the bucketload. But he also might never ever have a quality NHL season.

Tambellini is a little bit of a safer choice. He is ready to produce in the near future, and is having a very good AHL campaign (in addition to having an excellent training camp). If everything goes as planned with him, he would score 25-30 goals on a regular basis, and not do a ton in the way of assists.

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002

Eric Fehr
Jeff Tambellini
Perrtu Lindgren
Martin Hanzal
Keith Yandle
Robert Nilsson
Michael Grabner
Blake Comeau
Carl Soderberg
Jack Skille

I agree that Toews, Johnson and Pouliot are the top three choices, and after that I would keep Skille, Nilsson and Hanzal.

markg

Nov 17, 2006
Thanks again guys, your input is really appreciated. So, to sum up :

- Toews, Johnson and Pouliot are the top 3 on the list.
- Hanzal, Skille, Nilsson, Grabner and Yandle all got good comments although Nilsson might be a bust.
- Comeau should probably be dropped.

I traded Tambellini so he's not a factor for me anymore.

That leaves :

Eric Fehr
Perrtu Lindgren
Carl Soderberg

Fehr is having a very good season in Hersey : 27gp, 15g, 15a (30p).

Soderberg is also very good in the SEL : 23gp, 10g, 12a (22p).

Lindgren had a rough start in Finland : 24gp, 1g, 12a (13p). I have not seen him play at the WJC yet... Has he been good?

Where would you put those three in the group?

Joretus

Lindgren had a rough start in Finland : 24gp, 1g, 12a (13p). I have not seen him play at the WJC yet... Has he been good?

Scoring leader and setting up nicely every1. He have been playing better in Finland than his stats shows. Team had some kind of lock and they fired their coach. He have had army as well I think.

And you have to remember when you are comparing stats with some other prospects, they are playing against juniors while Perttu is playing against pros.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
I agree that Toews, Johnson, and Pouliot are the top 3 on the list. I'm not sure on point potention but I'll rank the remaining guys.

Eric Fehr - He's bound to play with atleast one of Backstrom, Ovechkin, or Semin
Michael Grabner - Pretty high on this kid, as somebody said he can just flat out score goals
Jack Skille - Haven't seen much of him but I think he's more of a 2 way player, not a great fantasy pick
Keith Yandle - Very good fantasy dman
Martin Hanzal
Robert Nilsson - Boom or bust
Perrtu Lindgren - Looking great in the WJC's
Jeff Tambellini
Blake Comeau
Carl Soderberg

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
Eric Fehr - 30+40
Benoit Pouliot - 35+35
Jeff Tambellini -25+20
Perrtu Lindgren -15+40
Martin Hanzal - don't know
Keith Yandle - 10+45
Robert Nilsson - 20+40
Michael Grabner - 35+25
Blake Comeau - don't know
Carl Soderberg - 30+40 :bow:
Jack Skille - 30+25
Jonathan Toews - 30+40
Jack Johnson- 15+40

bullsville

May 13, 2006
Eric Fehr - 30+25
Benoit Pouliot - 35+35
Jeff Tambellini -25+25
Perrtu Lindgren -15+30
Martin Hanzal - 20-15
Keith Yandle - 10+35
Robert Nilsson - 20+25
Michael Grabner - 30+25
Blake Comeau - 15-15
Carl Soderberg - 30+30
Jonathan Toews - 30+50
Jack Johnson- 15+40

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Take this for what it's worth, coming from someone who follows the Blues pretty closely... but I'd rank Soderberg ahead of almost all of those guys except Fehr, Pouliot, and a few others.

Soderberg has been a premier player at every level thus far in Sweden. He was a top junior player when he was in the J20; he was a top player last year in the Allsvenskan; and he's at or near the top of Malmo's scoring parade now in their first season in the Elitserien, scoring at about a point-per-game clip on a last-place team. And he's what, 21 years old?

He's got a good shot at making the Blues' NHL roster out of camp next year, and if he gets a pair of decent wingers to work with -- I'm thinking David Backes and Lee Stempniak at this point -- I don't think 20-25 goals and 65-70 points are out of the realm of possibility for him as a rookie.

Soderberg is definitely one of the prospects that the Blues are looking to build the future around.

P_B

:bb:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad