Speculation: Potential Offseason Acquisitions III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillyHockey215

Jun 17, 2014
I'd love to see us go after a guy like Vrbata. He put up 60+ points in Phoenix in recent years which isn't easy considering he played for Phoenix. Throw him on a line with Claude possibly and I could see him scoring 30-35. And he won't cost us anything over 3-4 million.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I like the Vrbata idea too. Low risk and possible decent reward. Other than moves like that I hope this is an off-season of shedding ridiculous contracts like Lecavalier's. At least Timonen isn't getting vastly overpaid anymore.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Oilers fan here in peace, I really like your team. Question on what it would take to acquire Coburn + Schenn/Couturier (who would you rather move of those two?)

Would a mix of
1 of #3 Overall or Yakupov
1 of Klefbom or Marincin maybe Nurse
Gagner(retained $)

Interest you at all or is that insulting to you? Just looking for honest value from both sides.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Oilers fan here in peace, I really like your team. Question on what it would take to acquire Coburn + Schenn/Couturier (who would you rather move of those two?)

Would a mix of
Gagner(retained $)

Interest you at all or is that insulting to you? Just looking for honest value from both sides.

honestly it'd take #3 and klefbom for coburn and schenn ... couts in untouchable but if you were wanting to unload yak on us it'd probably look like #3 + klef + yak for coburn schenn grossman and #17 i don't think anyone has any interest in ganger since he's not very good, outside of his 8 point game... that's what i think it'd take

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ

Would a mix of
Gagner(retained $)

Is throw in a mid rounder if you take the other Schenn too. Lol.

I do like the ground work to a deal here though.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Would a mix of
Gagner(retained $)

There is no chance we trade Couturier, there is a very very small chance we trade Coburn, and most likely the only way we trade Schenn is if he is extremely difficult with contract negotiations which is unlikely.

IF we ended up tradeing Coburn+Schenn it wouldn't be for a package like that, disregarding it's value issues, it would be for an upgrade on defense by targeting a #1 or a young D with #1 potential.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Just say by chance we traded Coburn + B.Schenn for 3rd overall+Klefbom who would be want to draft at 3rd overall?

I assume Ekblad will probably be gone, but you never know.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Just say by chance we traded Coburn + B.Schenn for 3rd overall+Klefbom who would be want to draft at 3rd overall?

I assume Ekblad will probably be gone, but you never know.

If not Ekblad, I want Draisaitl. He'll be an upgrade on BSchenn, and I think he steps in right away. He can also play LW.

djlethal08

Jun 4, 2012
Hockessin, DE
If not Ekblad, I want Draisaitl. He'll be an upgrade on BSchenn, and I think he steps in right away. He can also play LW.

I feel the same way. If the Flyers had the 3rd pick, and assuming Ekblad and Reinhart are gone of course, I want Draisaitl. My only hold up is if the Flyers are moving Coburn + Schenn, I'd really holdout for #3 + Nurse.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I feel the same way. If the Flyers had the 3rd pick, and assuming Ekblad and Reinhart are gone of course, I want Draisaitl. My only hold up is if the Flyers are moving Coburn + Schenn, I'd really holdout for #3 + Nurse.

I'd think about taking Draisaitl over Reinhart even. Draisaitl has the ability to totally take over a game with his combination of size and skill. It's very, very Malkin-like, imo.

I'd hate losing Coburn, but I'd do him+Schenn for 3+Nurse every day of the week. I'd have to really think about the 3rd+Klefbom deal, though.

djlethal08

Jun 4, 2012
Hockessin, DE
These Oiler trades do nothing for us.

I disagree. Trading Coburn and Schenn will certainly make the team worse this year, I don't think anyone would dispute that. However, if trading them allows the team to pick up Nurse and Draisaitl going forward, I make that deal every time.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I disagree. Trading Coburn and Schenn will certainly make the team worse this year, I don't think anyone would dispute that. However, if trading them allows the team to pick up Nurse and Draisaitl going forward, I make that deal every time.

AGREED !! id do that trade 10/10 times plus id love having nurse here since his uncle made a great name for himself with our beloved eagles ;) (donovan mcnabb)

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

I haven't seen Nurse offered at all.

djlethal08

Jun 4, 2012
Hockessin, DE

Would a mix of
Gagner(retained $)

This is the offer I was responding to.

And this is my response. Whether or not the Oilers would actually offer Nurse, I don't know. I simply said that if they wanted Coburn and Schenn, I would hold out for #3 + Nurse.

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011

They're not going to trade Nurse Not in that package anyway. They are hoping he is going to become a top pairing dman, something they're badly lacking. Similar to the Flyers with Morin.

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
I would think Edmonton asks for Simmer if Eberle really is on the block. the Oilers really need some grit and sandpaper in their top 6. probably why some are thinking Marchand could end up there. I

I'd personally love to see Marchand without someone backing him up.

He'd be an awful fit for the Oilers, since he doesn't add size to them.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
These Oiler trades do nothing for us.

Agreed. Any one for one or two for two trade with players the calibre of Coburn and B. Schenn really doesn't help the Flyers regarding Edmonton. If the Flyers could do a one for two, or two for three trade with either, I would do it. Yes losing either would make the Flyers worst next year, but the Flyers are not winning the Stanley Cup next year no matter what they do. Every move the Flyers make should be with 2016-2017 in mind IMO cause it will be take at least three offseasons to get this team on track to compete with LA and Chicago.

Coburn for Kleftbom plus 2015 1st rd pick or Schenns for Kleftbom plus 3rd overall (yes that is two for two only if you consider L. Schenn a vital asset which I don't)

Last edited:

MetalMilitia44

Jun 17, 2014

Would a mix of
Gagner(retained $)

If we could receive #3, Nurse, and Gagner (with retained money) for Coburn and Schenn, I couldn't jump on that trade fast enough. I love Schenn's potential, but not enough to turn that deal down. You're basically giving us three very early First Round picks. I'd love to try to package the number 3 and 17 to Florida for the number one to pick up Ekblad, and be much better off on Defense with a young core of Ekblad and Nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad