Potential Off-Season Acquisitions IV

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
if deal gets done and lecavalier gets gone will we have enough space to go after...say vrbata tomorrow.

I am pretty confident that Hextall will be able to go through the FA period without appearing like a kid in a candy story with a $5 bill in his hands. I'd like to see him make some judicious signings where needed (backup goaltender), but to keep some cap flexibility. See what shakes out, wait until some dust settles and see if there are some reasonably priced players who fit his vision of team construct.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
I am pretty confident that Hextall will be able to go through the FA period without appearing like a kid in a candy story with a $5 bill in his hands. I'd like to see him make some judicious signings where needed (backup goaltender), but to keep some cap flexibility. See what shakes out, wait until some dust settles and see if there are some reasonably priced players who fit his vision of team construct.

judicious ....awwwwwwww. alright at least get me greiss then see what shakes out.

Evergreen

If we manage to offload Lecavalier and Grossmann, I'd be open to signing T.J. Galiardi, Milan Michalek, or Mason Raymond for relatively cheap. Any one one of those three is capable of playing top-6 minutes and chipping in 15 goals over the course of the season. I really liked Galiardi when he was on the Thornton & Burns line a couple of years back, and Raymond would add some nice speed to our team. Michalek has good size and might fit well with Schenn and Simmonds, but he will probably be the most expensive of the three. I don't think we can afford guys like Moulson, Hemsky, Cammalleri, Vrbata, Kulemin, or Jokinen.

kyuss

Wings make our ding-dings sing.
May 28, 2012
I have nothing to base this on, but I feel Kulemin and Jussi are guys who may sign small and play big. Jokinen probably should earn a good raise. Raymond's contract needs a fortune teller to predict.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So.. Am I the only one that semi-ish forgot today was free agency? Maybe its because each season with Homer I am scared to crap that we are going to overpay a guy.

Or maybe its because I just got engaged and totally forgot. Either or :laugh:

But I do think its because I think Hextall does care about the cap situation more than Homer did. Now I know some Homer fans might quote this and go to town but its the truth. Hex almost seems obsessed about the cap situation which I love. He is thinking more down the road than this season.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Hopefully not having cap space will prevent Hextall from doing something crazy. The last couple years with Homer, I was panicking cause we never knew what was going to happen. I hope we can dump Vinny by the end of this week. And we still need a backup goalie...

Side note: Happy Canada Day to all our Flyers brethren to the north!!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'd be happier with getting rid of some cap space than signing the best FA's for great contracts. All I want is breathing room.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One name I'd like to look at on defense is Zach Redmond.

Unstable

Apr 26, 2006
Exiled in NoVA
Seems like
1. Weak FA class
2. No cap space
3. GM who cares about cap space

should = quiet day

One question, why exactly does Vinny get his bonus? 9 AM this morning (meaning he could be moved today) or not until later?

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Seems like
1. Weak FA class
2. No cap space
3. GM who cares about cap space

should = quiet day

One question, why exactly does Vinny get his bonus? 9 AM this morning (meaning he could be moved today) or not until later?

Probably safe to assume his direct deposit already went through this morning. I even get my pay a day earlier than the rest of the paper check schlubs.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Plan for the day:

Gaborik, Boyle (both of them), Vanek, Miller, Moulson, and Erhoff will be Flyers by noon. Book it.

Vanek-G-Voracek
Moulson-Schenn-Gaborik
Read-Coots-Simmer
Boyle-Laughton-Raffl
Rinaldo

Erhoff-Coburn
Timonen-Boyle
Schenn-Streit
AMac

Mason
Miller

Start planning the parade, friends!

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Hmmm just thinking outloud but I read how the Red Wings are looking for defenders. I wonder if Grossmann is on their radar. Seems like the type of player that could do well in their system.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Hmmm just thinking outloud but I read how the Red Wings are looking for defenders. I wonder if Grossmann is on their radar. Seems like the type of player that could do well in their system.

DRW fans were interested in Schenn just a couple of months ago, so maybe. Apparently they just want a bottom pairing, crease clearing shot blocker. That sounds exactly like a certain Swede on the roster.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
DRW fans were interested in Schenn just a couple of months ago, so maybe. Apparently they just want a bottom pairing, crease clearing shot blocker. That sounds exactly like a certain Swede on the roster.

Plus a Swede going to the Red Wings ;). Doesnt it sound just perfect? The name Grossmann playing on the Detroit Red Wings.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Plus a Swede going to the Red Wings ;). Doesnt it sound just perfect? The name Grossmann playing on the Detroit Red Wings.

Crazy, right? The Red Wings may only have 3 or 4 Canadians on their roster next year, and as many as 7 or 8 Swedes.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

He will go there and suddenly start making crisp outlet passes and heady plays in the offensive zone.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
So.. Am I the only one that semi-ish forgot today was free agency? Maybe its because each season with Homer I am scared to crap that we are going to overpay a guy.

Or maybe its because I just got engaged and totally forgot. Either or :laugh:

But I do think its because I think Hextall does care about the cap situation more than Homer did. Now I know some Homer fans might quote this and go to town but its the truth. Hex almost seems obsessed about the cap situation which I love. He is thinking more down the road than this season.

Congratulations! Maybeee :sarcasm:

flyersfromquebec

Jul 22, 2012
What do you think of Gorges...could be a good replacement for Grossmann.
I know he got a 4m cap hit but he is reliable. If we can get rid of Lecavalier and Grossmann. Just dont know what we could offer for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad