Potential New Stars Fan!

Phil Connors*

Surprised at the amount of Brand New love here on the Stars board.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Who'd we pick over Teuvo Teravainen? Faksa?

Edit: Just looked, it gets worse... We picked Faksa over Teravainen, Hertl, Ceci and Maatta...

:cry:

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Who'd we pick over Teuvo Teravainen? Faksa?

Edit: Just looked, it gets worse... We picked Faksa over Teravainen, Hertl, Ceci and Maatta...

:cry:

I can't really be angry at a 13 pick selection, It's the scouts fault for sure, but it was not like all those four didn't have some question marks on them at the time of the draft. Faksa himself were pretty hyped.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
The saddest part about watching it is realizing the Stars haven't even been in the playoffs since HD television became a thing.
There's this strange valley that exists in terms of video quality over time. For the old stuff, there's actually pretty decent footage since people transferred it off of VHS tapes and then uploaded. But when you get into the mid 2000s it coincided with the advent of streaming internet video. Everyone thought it was amazing at the time because it wasn't static text and images, but now it looks just laughably terrible. And because it at least exists, no one's bothered to go back and put up better versions. Then as we get closer to the present there's been about a 300 pixel jump every couple of years.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I can't really be angry at a 13 pick selection, It's the scouts fault for sure, but it was not like all those four didn't have some question marks on them at the time of the draft. Faksa himself were pretty hyped.

Hertl has Jumbo Joe, Ceci has Erik Karlsson in front of him, TT hasn't played in the NHL yet, and Maatta has been meh on that Pens team.

Don't judge yet.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Hertl has Jumbo Joe, Ceci has Erik Karlsson in front of him, TT hasn't played in the NHL yet, and Maatta has been meh on that Pens team.

Don't judge yet.

Somewhat agree on the others, but Maatta has been awesome on the Pens blueline. Has been their best Dman as a rookie and shutting down some of the best lines, all while still producing offense. They would've been lost there without Maatta when most of their D-core went out.
Also he played awesome in Sochi! [Olympic medallist dman is pretty good]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad