Post-Game Talk: Potential new coach discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
The fear of Q and this perceived notion that he carries too much baggage for the media to handle is way overblown.

You wouldn't hear a peep about his past transgressions beyond training camp, let's be real here. FFS, MLSE owns half of the sports media in this country - any persistence to beat a dead horse by the media would be shut down pretty quick.

Reactions: Dangles McGavin

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The fear of Q and this perceived notion that he carries too much baggage for the media to handle is way overblown.

You wouldn't hear a peep about his past transgressions beyond training camp, let's be real here. FFS, MLSE owns half of the sports media in this country - any persistence to beat a dead horse by the media would be shut down pretty quick.

And why is the media going to have a field day with it?

Is it because he was complacent in criminal activities?

My first thought isn’t can we get people to stop talking about him ignoring his player(s) getting sexually assaulted. It’s why are we hiring someone who allowed his players to get sexually assaulted without repercussions?

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Berube just seems so mid to me. I know he's the most likely option but I can't say I'm fully on board with it.

He's been out of hockey for a few years but I'd be interested in Claude Julien.

Part of me wonders if Treliving will go back to the well and bring in Darryl Sutter.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
From a Canucks fan. What attracts you to Berube? He got lucky during an one in a million cup run and I don't think he could handle the media and the egos.

WilliamInLondon

Mar 24, 2016

My first thought isn’t can we get people to stop talking about him ignoring his player(s) getting sexually assaulted. It’s why are we hiring someone who allowed his players to get sexually assaulted without repercussions?

well-said. I don't know, my personal feelings aside (I'd hate to have him on the Leafs), just with the whole Hockey Canada scandal, I can't envision this as a viable option for MLSE. It's nowhere close to the Keefe/Frost situation that another poster referenced earlier today.

Keefe was 18, not a full grown adult covering up a sexual assault and then lying about it. What happened with Keefe was also over 20 years ago, and his path to redemption was a slow and arduous one. I'm not sure the same applies for Quenneville.

Reactions: WillNy29

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
The stars had grown tired of someone holding them accountable and yes Keefes country club atmosphere and public apologies whenever he criticizes them has worked well
In fairness, Keefe really had no choice. Part of why Babcock was fired was because Auston and Mitch wanted to call the shots and play together and Babcock wouldn't let them run the show. So part of Keefe's job was to make them happy. and give them free reign to do as they please.

Reactions: Racer88

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
They are going to flex their financial muscles.

It'll either be truck loads of cash to convince John Cooper to switch ships or literally spend all the money on getting Quenneville the greatest PR personal of all time and have him Smelling like puppies coming back into the NHL.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Please don't f*** this up, one of the most important coaching hires in this team's [modern] history.
Sure is. To H.E. double hockey-sticks with impression management. Hire the guy with the most Cups.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
In fairness, Keefe really had no choice. Part of why Babcock was fired was because Auston and Mitch wanted to call the shots and play together and Babcock wouldn't let them run the show. So part of Keefe's job was to make them happy. and give them free reign to do as they please.
And that is one of the big reasons leafs lose

Leafs losing honestly just seems well deserved and from the powers above. It is well deserved if our core believes and thinks like the above

Entitled, selfish, undisiplined group who think they are untouchable and can cruise their way to success based on talent and media/fan hype

Reality hits hard ever May though and the guys are quickly forgotten as the NHL elite players play towards winning a cup

• Love
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Throw the $$$$$ at John Cooper!!!

Under contract.

Complacent doesn't mean what you think it means.

He didn't allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad