Line Combos: Potential Lineup without Clarky, Bolland, Kessel

Asif16*

Just for fun, i thought i would take a guess on the opening night lines with Clarkson(suspension), Kessel(suspension) and Bolland (injury) possibly all missing. It doesnt look pretty folks :laugh:

JVR-Bozak-Raymond
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Ashton-Mcclement-Broll/bodie
devane-Colbourne-Orr

Thats nasty right there haha. Just my guess on the lineup.

And again its all "ifs". Dont know if kessel is going to be suspended and how serious bolland injury is.....but still. That lineup doe...

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Where do people get the idea that what Kessel did is so severe that he deserves to be suspended for any length of time?? What he did does not warrant a suspension that has him miss the season opener. MAYBE he will get suspended for one preseason game or 2, maybe. I think that at most he will get is a fine, that's it. Players hack and slash at each other all the time, and Kessel was being attacked by a much bigger and stronger player.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
If Kessel misses time during the regular season that whole fight last night was so stupid and hurt us so bad... Already lost Clarkson for 10 games, better not lose our best scorer for any.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Where do people get the idea that what Kessel did is so severe that he deserves to be suspended for any length of time?? What he did does not warrant a suspension that has him miss the season opener. MAYBE he will get suspended for one preseason game or 2, maybe. I think that at most he will get is a fine, that's it. Players hack and slash at each other all the time, and Kessel was being attacked by a much bigger and stronger player.

He used his stick as a weapon. My best, extremely biased guess, is he is out for the remaining of preseason and that's it.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
He used his stick as a weapon. My best, extremely biased guess, is he is out for the remaining of preseason and that's it.

In self defense though... He didn't hack him over the head though that would have been grounds for a suspension... Anything more than a fine for Kessel who has zero history in supplementary offenses is grounds for the Leaf organization to demand the firing of Shannahan from his duties for incompetence.:sarcasm:

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
In self defense though... He didn't hack him over the head though that would have been grounds for a suspension... Anything more than a fine for Kessel who has zero history in supplementary offenses is grounds for the Leaf organization to demand the firing of Shannahan from his duties for incompetence.:sarcasm:

Doesn't matter, you cannot use your stick as a weapon. But I am going to change my prediction.

For slashing at Scott = suspension for the remaining of the preseason
For spiring Scott = 1-3 regular season games

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Just for fun, i thought i would take a guess on the opening night lines with Clarkson(suspension), Kessel(suspension) and Bolland (injury) possibly all missing. It doesnt look pretty folks :laugh:

JVR-Bozak-Raymond
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Ashton-Mcclement-Broll/bodie
devane-Colbourne-Orr

Thats nasty right there haha. Just my guess on the lineup.

And again its all "ifs". Dont know if kessel is going to be suspended and how serious bolland injury is.....but still. That lineup doe...
Ewwwwwww....

I'll give it a shot

Lupul-Bozak-Raymond
JVR-Kadri-Kulemin
Ashton-McClement-Leivo
Devane-Colborne-Orr

Gross

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
FWIW, I think Broll is ahead of Devane on the depth chart. Trevor Smith plays a lot of roles and could stay up also.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
our lineup still is pretty solid imo with them missing...

Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Raymond-Bozak-JVR
McClement-Colborne-Ashton
Smith/Orr/Devane/Bodie/Broll

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Our offense is taking a brutal hit from that Sabres game. On the bright side our offense still looks better than the sabres :laugh:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It's going to take a lot of balls to suspend the Maple Leafs best player for the start of the regular season. I must say, though, these brawls are not really that entertaining if they end up costing you games in the standings.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Well at least we know clarkson isnt in it for the money hahaha.

The boys owe him a lot of free lunches, dinners.

If it were me I would have told Phil to keep running while I calculated how much I saved not jumping over the boards. Heck, I would have brought out the calculator just to make sure. :)

Penalty Kill Icing*

I just hope no further injuries/suspensions in next 3 games. Just get done with.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
FWIW, I think Broll is ahead of Devane on the depth chart. Trevor Smith plays a lot of roles and could stay up also.

i thought trevor smith actually looked pretty good so far... surprised more people aren't talking about him. not that's he's playing like a superstar or anything... but i do tend to notice him quite a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad