Line Combos: Potential Line Combos

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
Personnaly, I'd put Nielsen on the 3rd line and do a real "defensive" 3rd line (that you match against opponent's top line) who can produce a bit offensively. Grabovski is supposed to be an offensive guy and we give him I think around 5M$/season to do that. So I would probably give him a chance in the top 6.

Lee-Tavares-Strome
Nelson-Grabovski-Okposo
Bailey-Nielsen-Kulemin
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Petrov/Bernier

I like this the most as well. That third line of JB-FN-NK was the third line that started the year last year. That line IMHO was the best third line combo they had all year.

BroadwayJay*

I like this the most as well. That third line of JB-FN-NK was the third line that started the year last year. That line IMHO was the best third line combo they had all year.

Is it just me or is it confusing when people use the initials instead of numbers?

12-51-86 is an instant understanding. JB-FN-NK causes me to have to figure it out.

Rhino1985

Jul 3, 2015
Cappy's opening night lineup:

Kulimen - Tavares - Bernier
Lee - Bailey - Grabovski
Nelson - Nielsen - Boulton
Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

When asked about the lineup changes, Capuano says that he was looking to catch the opposition off guard.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
Snow should definitely be scouring the waiver wire for a goalie. Greiss could be CJ the 2nd and Halak is made if glass

Tokarski is on waivers. I'd feel a little better with a project goalie as well. Gibson may be something for the future, but neither Williams, Reiter (is he even still here?) or Milner can be considered more than a guy benefiting from AHL minutes. Tokarski's at least seen more NHL play.

And I think Petrov shouldn't be on the Bridge for very long, hopefully.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Cappy's opening night lineup:

Kulimen - Tavares - Bernier
Lee - Bailey - Grabovski
Nelson - Nielsen - Boulton
Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

When asked about the lineup changes, Capuano says that he was looking to catch the opposition off guard.

Is it bad that I believe you?

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
:nod:

hes had double as many assists as he's had goals over the last couple of years. His job is to go into thre corner and get the puck to Tavares as much as he can. Who would he pass to on that line? Nobody because both wouldn't be anywhere near the net. Okposo would then go into chicken without a head mode. He did play well w/o JT at the end of the season 2 yrs ago but I'm skeptical that he can do it with 2 playmakers.

:popcorn:

Okposo has basically led this team in shots the last 3 seasons. He must be making a heck of a lot of passes. Guys like Bailey are pass first guys; that's why they work well with shooters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad