Speculation: Potential 21/22 roster

Dead Thing

Jun 24, 2018
Zetts,Franzen, Helm, Glendening, Kronwall and Ericsson are all off the books.
Nielsen is bought out of last yr of contract(cap hit of $1.74 mil for 2 yrs.)
Jack Hughes notwithstanding, not forecasting that any picks in the 2019, 2020 and 2021 drafts make the roster.

Forwards(listed by age)
Abby(34-2yrs. left on deal)
AA(27)
Mantha(27)
Pope(27)
Bert(26)
Larkin(25)
Smith(24)
Svech(24)
Ras(22)
Veleno(22)
Berggren(21)
Zadina(21)

DDK(31)/Hronek(23)
Cholo(23)/Lindstrom(23)
McIssac(21)/Regula(21)

Petruzzelli(22)
Fulcher(23)

Average age-23

Are we booking the parade????

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
You are missing the 7 aging vets Holland signed
Mostly everyone listed here is over the age of 21. HFBoards will still have an entire roster to complain about "blocking the kids"

But seriously, it seems like these things are done all the time. Half the prospects don't crack the NHL, you WILL sign FA's, and plenty of other "older" guys will still be around. This team of 21-23 yr old defenseman would be last in the NHL by a longshot

Last edited:
Reactions: SirloinUB

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
AA won't be here.

Mantha will be packaged for a defenseman before then.

Svech will still be in remedial skating school.

Turgeon will be centering the fourth line.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
I recently bumped a thread that was projecting lineups years into the future. See here: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/wings-line-up-post-datysuk-zetterberg.1730693/

it was pointless, we were all way off. This thread is pointless too. Theres going to be countless FA signings, draft picks, trades etc that we wont be able to factor into our projections.

Oof, my comment hurts! I was so high on Jurco back then. Seeing all the defense projections makes me cringe too.. even some Backman in the top 6.

Reactions: TheMule93

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I was a gigantic believer in Jurco too :/
We all were! When he was drafted and he had all those YouTube tricks and Datsyuk-esque handles I thought he would be top 6 for sure. Was also surprised Pulks never amounted to anything. It is actually depressing if you think about it if you look at our D prospects now that they could all have a similar fate Cholowski could be Smith 2.0. Hronek could be Kindl. McIsacc could be Sproul ( not saying they will but it could definitely happen). Just goes to show putting too much stock into prospects usually never pans out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad