OT: Posts of 2019 -- It's a wrap!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
2020 is finally upon us.

ByMKD00.gif

So time for this yearly Habs HF Forum tradition!

1K4R6vK.gif

Here are some candidates I flagged throughout the year.

These are only my opinion, I'm sure you have your preferences. If you are not quoted, it doesn't mean anything -- you probably have posts I could have added but unfortunately, could not read everything as there is too much to cover and quite possibly missed them.

Please feel free to make your own submissions.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From Jan. 8, 2019:

Dany Dubé with interesting comments on 98,5FM.

He says that the Habs kept Alzner up over Schlemko because Alzner, despite making all this money, is the kind of guy who you could ask to go sell hot dogs and he'd be happy to help, says he's always helping the medical and equipment staff, helps with loading the bags. Meanwhile, Schlemko keeps to himself and is more into pouting.

You know what, pile of suck for pile of suck, I'll take the pile of suck that's happy to be there too.

G2FV3HM.jpg

cVhsPjO.gif

LHwdGx6.jpg

From Jan. 16, 2019.

Our unhealthy obsession with people's appearances and physical attributes continues after Matthews's nostrils and Domi's eyebrows:

Gord Miller is inbred, look at his chin.

From Feb. 5, 2019, Habs vs. Ducks:

Okay, I’m a Ducks fan and this made me laugh

A7SI12z.gif

Still from Feb. 5, 2019:

I see you are having sleep issues, I might be able to help with that. I am an expert.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

CShYMuK.gif

From Feb. 14, 2019:

Yeah but Edmonton is a ghost town.

What people want is proximity to downtown. After work go to baseball, easily accesible. Leave the ball park drunk and go to the club and bang some hotties

From Feb. 20, 2019:

A sweet typo from this sequence ...

Our PP has sucked so when does Kirk finally get held to account that its been so piss poor the last few years....

WHO KNOWS??

Accountability???

Im pissing my pantz

At very best he'll be a sacrificial lamp if the heat comes back up again, but accountability??? Mwhahaha major lulz

Unfortunately, Ozy chose to edit the typo out but I humbly suggest that it should have been left as it was. He can still edit it back as the thread is not locked. :naughty:

Agreed about the accountability... Probably has too many syllables for Marc

Gg4eiCZ.png

sorry couldn't resist:naughty:

Lol type-o

Tweaking CT's image idea a little ...

3zy79Jo.jpg

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From March 1, 2019. JeffreyLFC jumped the gun:

You read it first.

Bergevin will go with one of his alumni and get Hjalmarsson in free agency.

edit I thought he was a free agent aparrently he already signed an extension with Arizona so scratch that.

We read it first ...and last:snide:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

...I was expecting a big exclusive after the opening line. Has to be one of the most deflating edits I’ve ever seen.
Reminds me of an old Shakespearian line: "hoisted with his own petard".

From April 7, 2019, when we faced the Laffs and Poehling had his game of a lifetime.

We took our shots at the Figs:

Kvic4TE.jpg

But, this post summed up our mixed feelings nicely:

I feel like my GF stole my money, wrecked my car, set fire to my cat, then gave me the best **** of my life.

F****n Habs.
:laugh:

From April 10, 2019:

no dont need duschesne + drouin ballerina combination

From April 14, 2019, the pic that the Habs tweeted to thank the fans but which they then deleted from their Twitter account. The pic was missing Drouin, which led to all kinds of speculation:

pubpresse-600x419.jpg

They then replaced the above pic by the following where you'll see Drouin added in the yellow circle:

3dKWXnc.jpg

This collage could really use Janne Niinimaa.

PROYfgx.jpg

This was also the time when you could find Drouin jerseys on liquidation at Winners and prices were dropping even more:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From June 28, 2019:

MB's vision:

Empty-room-8m-x-6m-x-3m.png

From July 2nd, 2019, in the midst of the Aho saga, while he was still a Hab ...

Hurricanes to Match

Like this? :sarcasm:

HvQd8FK.gif

July 3, 2019.

Aho threads and posts turned into a cottage industry on the Habs forum. Even coming up with a title became a chore ...

The MatCHing Game: Let go our Aho (Part III) warning in the OP

How about ... Dirty Deeds, Dundon Cheap.

Im crying from laughing so hard jesus :laugh::laugh::laugh:

c8vF3pd.jpg

Capture_d%C3%A9cran_2019-07-02_%C3%A0_15.40.17.png

tLiIsqr.jpg

On Aug. 3, 2019:

During the 2019 World Junior Showcase at which Cole Caufield was taking part, all it took was this one snipe that left several posters in awe, including W3K who posted one for the ages:

Finally a pure Sniper in our prospect pool. What a shot by Caufield.

That is pure snipage. One time doing that you can maybe say it was lucky. When he does a second time in a few games you can tell his shot is perfection.

I'm pregnant

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From Sept. 15, 2019:

A typo is always a great opportunity for unforeseen tangents, like this one by a poster who meant to type "scapegoat":

This year's spacegoat: Ben Chiarot

PE1S6HQ.gif

DRNmvz6.gif

It didn't catch on as some old time posters were quick to point out that Spacegoat was Jaro Spacek's nickname.

On Sept. 24, 2019:

Just another instance of having to get up real early to post a news item on this forum before Adam Michaels aka "The Posting Ninja" is sure to get to it first ...

Btw, RDS reported that Poehling has been skating solo.

We know, the posting ninja already had it on the prior page. :wg:

On Sept. 27, 2019:

References to the antiquated methods of our head coach, are a recurring theme:

Clod the dinosaur

yjMzvS8.jpg

As common as references to Joel Bouchard's miracle-working ways ...

If Bouchard reformed Mete in only 7 games, then they ought to have one of these in the Habs's training facilities at the BC:

tqD0qc3.gif

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
On Oct. 11, 2019:

The Home Opener. A loss to the Detroit, 2-4, leading to some of the best zingers you're going to get in a thread:

Uh oh, the torch seems indeed back...
You know... instead, they should replace it with a big bicep scepter.

Weal looks hurt

Don't fret, we have other weals.

I refuse to believe our team practices with a puck.

I stepped away to watch some paint dry...what did I miss?

You miss the paint drying....go back.

I swear 90% of you are bi polar lol

The Habs don't have a D corps. They have a D corpse instead.

This defense is so bad. The 3rd pairing is terrible.

Which one ? :sarcasm:

2min for throwing your face into an elbow at waist level.

Folin is just a meme at this point

I'm convinced our pro scouting team is comprised solely of Bergevin's many alter egos.

On Oct. 13, 2019:

Posters unsure of what to make of Drouin with only 5 games played in the season. Some see him finally taking a corner, others are wary of a mirage. This post completely caught the sentiment of skepticism:

Not sold on him at all. He’s like that girl who’s acting normal just after 5 days in a detox center.

Lol post of the year

On Oct. 14, 2019:

There was this message by S Bah that so completely out of character, that it took several posters aback:

I l ike people, drunk a bit, I will read this in the morning, sleep good be Nice.

Jesus this is legendary :laugh:

S bah had a few lol.

It's been this way for about 5 years now and it's completely understandable. I don't praise ****ty liquor even though it still gets me drunk.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
On Oct. 30, 2019:

Lshap posts this in a GDT ...

I speak in front of about 40 people every Thursday morning at around 7:00 am, but I'm done before 9:00 and the rest of my work is done blissfully alone. If I do stay up late I'll probably feel it by early afternoon, but I'll be home and the world will be spared from my lousy mood.

40 person meeting at 7 AM ? wow! very Amish like. lol.

Good guess! This was from last Thursday's meeting, during my speech about the value of toiling in the field. As you can see, I got the crowd pretty worked up! Afterwards, the men-folk hitched up our horses and rode to the nearest sports bar, where we re-enacted the Habs game using hand puppets.

yc1vMfF.jpg

Which game?

The one where the Habs faced the San Jose Scriptures in a rousing debate over radio waves.

We lost 4-2. My buddy, Jebediah (14th hat from the right), snapped a suspender in frustration.

Kept getting mileage from that Jedebiah reference in subsequent threads ...

Out-muscled. Out-skated. Out-played. Out-shot. Out-scored.

Jedebiah predictably ecstatic about your use of all those words that begin with a circular form. :sarcasm:

64CUVjh.gif

I'm like a Karmic Robin Hood. Steal good vibes from one entitled franchise and spread them out among the rest of the hockey world.

You seem to have an affinity for medieval references. If it's not the Amish who live like medieval society, it's Robin Hood who is based on historical outlaw Roger Godberd from medieval times.

Thought you might be able to use these at your next 7AM meeting. I think Jedebiah might be pleasantly surprised. :sarcasm:

V3rrNDm.jpg

:laugh:Thou art full of merriment, good sir. My Stanley Cup runneth over.

On Oct. 31, 2019, these gems:

found out my gf is having an affair with a few dudes. getting drunk. hope the habs win. never date bipolar. lol

I matched with a girl on tinder once... After a few dates it was becoming obvious that she was bipolar, she admitted it and a few days later she also told me she was a masseuse... My friends still laugh at this one even after three years.

On Nov. 10, 2019:

Waffledave flexed his financial wherewithal and showed everyone what kind of company he keeps:

Waffledave is a téteux de boss. Kissed his boss' azz to get there.

Watching this game from the owner's box.
Don't flush when you leave:arr:

On Dec. 14, 2019:

This Tweet prompted an unexpected hilarious comebacker:

hopefully he has the nitrate/ cured meats ****s tonight

On Dec. 28, 2019:

Just how bad is the disgust for Weal? This bad ...

I'd rather lose 5-3 than seeing Weal score.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No mention? :(;)

No disrespect to you but I didn't target anyone in particular, just went with content. It's so tough to compile stuff as you're always going to miss something.

May I ask you to contribute anything you feel should be included? I've been working my tail off on this for most of the day and there is still some stuff I haven't read. It's a thankless job.

It's no reflection on you as a poster whether or not you're included. Submissions are welcome. Always enjoy reading you. :)

Take the post by S Bah, for instance -- here is a poster with a unique style that he normally doesn't derogate from. All it took is that one night where he posted something completely out of character that it had several of us splitting a gut. That's the kind of stuff I thought I just couldn't pass up on.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
No disrespect to you but I didn't target anyone in particular, just went with content. It's so tough to compile stuff as you're always going to miss something.

May I ask you to contribute anything you feel should be included? I've been working my tail off on this for most of the day and there is still some stuff I haven't read. It's a thankless job.

It's no reflection on you as a poster whether or not you're included. Submissions are welcome. Always enjoy reading you. :)

Take the post by S Bah, for instance -- here is a poster with a unique style that he normally doesn't derogate from. All it took is that one night where he posted something completely out of character that it had several of us splitting a gut. That's the kind of stuff I thought I just couldn't pass up on.
I'm just teasing. It's no problem and thanks for the compilation. It looks great!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sometimes humor just happens in the most unlikely times or places.

From Dec. 6, 2019.

HabsDood stepped up to start a GDT when it was getting late in the day and game time was fast approaching.

His thread title was: "Habs at Rangers tonight 7pm RDS and where else"

Here I was, after having racked my brains on several GDTs trying to come up with all of the elements to put in a thread title but who knew you could just manufacture a shortcut that was both effective and hilarious. Nicely played, HabsDood.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Great work Runner...any MB quotes from MB in 2019? I guess we could find them from 2o12 through 2019 and they would all be the same!!

I like our team
Trades are hard
The NHL is a tough league to score in
If Price wasn't injured we wouldn't be having this chat
This is on da players
Make da playoff, who knows
Look at da Blues
I don't believe in windows

These and many more, make up Big Mac's greatest hits...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dec. 29, 2019.

Here is his brother, plugging away on the yogurt circuit. The family is ashamed of the older brother.

AstzuIt.gif

Hahaha...my daughter saw this over my shoulder and said "That looks broken Dad". I have tears in my eyes from laughing now.

Still the best gif ever posted on HF Habs. :laugh: That was a great GDT.

GDT: - Game 39: A Finnish Youth Movement: Canadiens vs Panthers 12/29/19 7:00pm EST SN, RDS, FS-F

With all the posts about how KK skates like Bambi and needs to fill out, I offered this:

K7r88ST.jpg

Bambiniemi? :)
I will do my best to keep Bambiniemi alive!

Here's a gif of Mete giving KK some balance and skating tips. :)

RHjeYEA.gif

Its strangely accurate

Oh boy, what did you start :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's Caufield!

r806l8x.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad