GDT: POSTPONED - Canucks vs Flames postponed

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Tampa players are already getting the vaccine.
With the US teams getting vaccinated, could we potentially see a semifinal where the .canadian team is missing one or two key players due to Covid protocols, while the US team is totally Covid free?

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
and anyone who feels the need to concoct a straw man for what they perceive to be the other side, is trying to avoid what they were actually saying.
And yet, I didn't concoct a straw man.

Anyway, I've already pointed you in the right direction, feel free to ignore it.

Back to the topic for everyone else, did Bettman comment a couple months ago that the league would rely on point% if teams are unable to complete the season? I thought I heard that but can't find anything on it.

I mean, teams other than the Florida teams, where things are . . . different

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
lol, still on this?

i am sorry that you don't grasp dry ironic self-deprecating humour. i really am as it makes it hard for me to be on friendly terms with you since i use it all the time and you presumably miss it all the time and imagine i think i am napoleon bonaparte.

i bet we'd be friends in person where i could use body language and inflection and maybe air quotes to make it extremely obvious when i am not really purporting to speak for all canadians.

until that day, you'll just have to trust me.
are you hurt

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If the Habs were to sweep the Sens at home this weekend, they'd be eight points up and still holding three games in hand.

So except for the next 18 games of basically 'garbage time' the season effectively is over.

The only suspense will be what excuse Jimbo comes up with for failing to move any of his impending UFA's at the trade deadline. I could easily see the Canucks being 10 points out with 15 or so games to play. It's probably the furthest they've been below the playoff bar in any of the last four seasons.

So if they aren't major sellers at the deadline, then it's another monumental 'fail' from the hockey ops department.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
but you did. i did not say and i do not think both sides are the same at all. if you think that, you made some bad assumptions and you failed at critical reading.
No, I didn't. I didn't quote you or refer to you. And now I can't even refer to . . . what . . . you posted.

So back to the topic at hand, will points% determine standings if teams don't complete their games?

Bueller?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
If the Habs were to sweep the Sens at home this weekend, they'd be eight points up and still holding three games in hand.

So except for the next 18 games of basically 'garbage time' the season effectively is over.

The only suspense will be what excuse Jimbo comes up with for failing to move any of his impending UFA's at the trade deadline. I could easily see the Canucks being 10 points out with 15 or so games to play. It's probably the furthest they've been below the playoff bar in any of the last four seasons.

So if they aren't major sellers at the deadline, then it's another monumental 'fail' from the hockey ops department.
Vancouver has been in garbage time since they were 6-11

Maybe the chance of playoffs would have been worth discussing had they swept the jets and habs in regulation before this break.

But they’ve realistically never come close to being back in the fight.

These guys wanted to play meaningful games in March in seasons that started in October and yet they couldn’t even play meaningful games in March one year after they traded for Toffoli.

Cringe

Reactions: VanillaCoke

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
No, I didn't. I didn't quote you or refer to you. And now I can't even refer to . . . what . . . you posted.

So back to the topic at hand, will points% determine standings if teams don't complete their games?

Bueller?

you asking me or the magic eight ball?

because all signs point to maybe. i mean most likely they will seize the excuse to do play-ins like last year.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
So will the season actually count? Or more to the point, will Loui "But Gillis made mistakes" Eriksson contract still have two years left?

Nah, Loui's gonna do us a solid and retire out of the goodness of his heart...all part of Benning's master plan for us to be elite in two years.

#TrustThe9YearPlan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad