Post Your Post-Draft Top 10 Jets Prospects

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Wow. People are much lower on Foley than I thought. Even if they didn't like his perceived play style I still thought his production would get some kudos...guess not.

There is absolutely no reason players like Lipon (22), Lodge (20), Niku (18) 7th round, Kichton (22), and Kosmachuk (20), should be ahead of Foley (18) 3rd round, IMHO.

Last edited:

jetkarma*

Wow. People are much lower on Foley than I thought. Even if they didn't like his perceived play style I still thought his production would get some kudos...guess not.

Foley is more regarded by me personally than quite a few listings I see here but the groupings can be close and I think we'll see more people value him stronger in the next two years .

He's off to a really good program that's in his back yard pretty much and he'll become a factor for our prospects imo .

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Foley is more regarded by me personally than quite a few listings I see here but the groupings can be close and I think we'll see more people value him stronger in the next two years .

He's off to a really good program that's in his back yard pretty much and he'll become a factor for our prospects imo .

After reading this article, I am beginning to think predicting how prospects may fair is somewhat of a crapshoot.

Adam Lowry is #13 in prospect rankings from August 2014, even when he came off a career year, finishing with the WHL MVP, behind Kosmachuk, Petan, and O'Dell.

jetkarma*

After reading this article, I am beginning to think predicting how prospects may fair is somewhat of a crapshoot.

Adam Lowry is #13 in prospect rankings from August 2014, even when he came off a career year, finishing with the WHL MVP, behind Kosmachuk, Petan, and O'Dell.

It's a subjective process and a lot can and does happen , but the better the evaluations the more accurate lists turn out to be imo.

I listed my top 30 but think it's gone , I'll try it again today with a no plan Sunday on the horizon .

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
Oh my. I know we have a stocked cupboard but that's unreal. Unbelievable really, considering where this team was when we got it.

and how they got the picks while still finishing in respectable standings. We never had the cellar dwell for this prospect pool.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
1) Ehlers
2) Connor
3) Hellebuyck
4) Morrissey
5) Petan
6) Armia
7) Roslovic
8) Harkins
9/10/11) Copp/Kostalek/Lemieux

Had trouble at 9/10.

Goalies are voodoo so not a sniff for Comrie. Despite that, I still have Helley at 3 which says a lot about my opinion of him.

Not counting Burmi as a prospect.

Last edited:

jetkarma*

My List:

1. Ehlers
2. Hellebuyck
3. Morrissey
4. Connor
5. Petan
6. Armia
7. Lemieux
8. Roslovic
9. Harkins
10. Copp

Not counting Chairot. A 24 yo on a 1-way contract is only a prospect by an arbitrary technicality.

I'll try this again , while the order is different we have the same players in the top ten , not sure if others do as well .

Fully agree and understand rankings are subjective and the groupings of some are very close and can fluctuate in a short period of time , but this is now so the list is refective of that for me .

1. Ehlers
2. Connor
3. Morrissey
4. Roslovic
5. Hellebuyck
6. Petan
7. Lemieux
8. Harkins
9. Armia
10. Copp

Very positive that all the above players will both play in the NHL and for more than a cup of coffee and imo have significant impact.

11. Chiarot
12. Comrie
13. Foley
14. Poolman
15. Spacek
16. Kostalek
17. Kraskovsky
18. Kosmachuk
19. De Leo
20. Phillips

This group was tough as I like Nogier and Niku quite a bit and feel they could/should not be past the 20 mark . We have one player already having a pretty good introduction into the NHL and there quite easily could be another 2 or 3 that become regulars at some point , maybe more . The first five have imo more reasons to suggest that than the latter half and those have have some nice elements to their games but we need to see if they are strong enough to be enough as it is to get past being an AHL player. I have Poolman quite high as I really focused on him and see a lot of reasons why . If he continues trending as he has I think he can be a decent big D with some nice offence.

21. Niku
22. Nogier
23. Glover
24. Olsen
25. Franklin
26. Blomqvist
27. Lipon
28. Lodge
29. Kicthon
30. Gennaro

Obviously the talent and probability is less with this group , still for such deep depth there are some possibilities. Especially the the first three , these defencemen have a chance and the talent to make pretty significant leaps up the list this year . Glover was well liked as we know he was not only a third round pick but that Chevy had him higher than that on the Jets board . Still , his year was what it was and he needs to push forward and get playing time and then start to show why he was thought of as highly as he was . I just can't list him higher until he shows that and also because he is one of the very few players I have not seen in person and most I have seen a fair bit to quite a lot .

After that I like Gennarro , he has tools , size and I am anxious to see if he builds on his second half in a better team situation this year. Appleton showed positives , he has size and can skate and has some hand skills , again a chance to long develop in college will be a god thing . Matt Ustaski also impressed in his skating and certainly looks like he had a good developmental year at Wisconsin , plus he's huge , another year and we'll see if he may push someone off the list or push himself on it .

A few additional comments , the 18 year old kids were really really really good and noticeable . Connor plays with such speed , the tempo and pace he plays with when he has the puck is elite imo , then to top it off he has multiple moves where he drives the net and creates AND produces . He finishes , that is such a tremendous positive imo . He may transition to C this year , and I can see him doing that , it would be a boost for his overall game and value perhaps but his best impact at least now and in the near future imo is at LW . He should be a fantastic mirror for Ehlers.

Harkins is a steal imo , he's going to just get better and better and provide a deep solid overall game and provide elite character to this team in the future. I likened his situation and game to Lowry's and the more I think on that the more convinced I am off that . He has more offensive upside and better skating but not the rare size Adam has , but I view similar impact in the not too distant future . Great middle six C .

Love Roslovic , he just has so many plus aspects to his game . He's almost 6'2 , thinks the game , plays all areas of the ice , can be a strong support player but also can create and will be able to finish . He also was really good on faceoffs in the small time we saw that , but he's a C first imo but has that flexibilty to be a very good option at RW.

Looking forward to Penticton , we won't see a lot ( if any ) of the college kids but still we'll see them in competitive games and that will be great plus seeing them practice again . I also really see the bonding developing and how this group is close and getting closer and see the internal pressure that is being realized by the talent that has been accumulated . That isn't insignificant imo .

Hard to think realistically we could be in a better spot and have to acknowledge how far the franchsie has come since day one .

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
We're at full rankings now. Yay!
1 Ehlers
2 Hellebuyck
3 Connor
4 Morrissey
5 Petan
6 Roslovic
7 Armia
8 Chiarot
9 Harkins
10 Copp
11 Comrie
12 Spacek (biased by garret's numbers :) )
13 Kosmachuk
14 Kichton (sooo underrated)
15 Kostalek
16 Lemieux (yep)
17 Lipon
18 De Leo
19 Foley
20 Niku
21 Kraskovsky
22 Phillips (want to see a second good season first)
23 Blomqvist
24 Glover (needs a good season now)
25 Karlstrom
26 Gennaro
27 Nogier
28 Lodge
29 Olsen
30 Poolman (one good camp is not enough to climb any further; prove me wrong pls)
31 Franklin
32 Appleton
33 Brassard
34 Ustaski
35 Lane

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I have a hunch that Kraskovsky is going to shoot up prospect rankings this year. He's big, fast and aggressive and has some good skill.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
But who is it that's falling for him to pass is what he's asking haha.

Easy.

Ehlers -> graduated
Hellebuyck -> graduated due to some strange injury bug affecting only goalies
Armia -> graduated
Copp -> graduated
Petan -> graduated due to some strange injury bug affecting only career fourth liners
Chiarot -> graduated
Morrissey -> graduated due to some strange injury bug affecting only LDs

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Re thinking again, showing the volatility of these things haha.

Today I'd probably say:
1) Ehlers
2) Connor
3) Petan
4) Morrissey
5) Armia
6) Roslovic
7) Harkins
8) Spacek
9) Copp
10) Kichton
11) Kostalek
12) Kosmachuk
13) Lipon
14) De Leo
15) Lemieux
16) Niku
17) Glover
18) Lodge
19) Kraskovsky
20) Poolman
21) Olsen
22) Foley
23) Blomqvist
24) Nogier
25) Franklin
26) Gennaro
27) Brassard
28) Karlstrom
29) Appleton
30) Ustaski
31) Lane

1) Hellebuyck
2) Comrie
3) Phillips

Ya I'm separating goalies. Pronman does it, so can I. :P

This time I went less analytically and asked which would I rather have if I had to pick. :)

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
I didn't follow our prospects that much this past season so it's interesting to see that Petan has at least equalled and in some cases passed Morrissey.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I didn't follow our prospects that much this past season so it's interesting to see that Petan has at least equalled and in some cases passed Morrissey.

A lot of it has to do with Petan's performance last pre-season for me.
I always thought he had the high upside of a top 10 pick, but he showed he can play with the men.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I always thought he had the high upside of a top 10 pick, but he showed he can play with the men.
I still think he has first line upside. I think Morrissey has top pair upside too, but I'd put odd on Petan getting there first. Just my gut feeling and the difference IMO.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

Yeah, I thought he was ready last camp, and that's still influencing how I rate him.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
A very deep pool indeed, but are any of these guys stars? Unlikely. Ehlers is really the only undeniably elite talent in the group. That being said, it is still a fabulous group of prospects.

Both connor and ehlers project to have very good chances (relatively speaking) to be all star quality players while petan and roslovic have very good (again relative) chances at being first line players

Edit: oops. Total rookie movie responding to a post from page two.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada

I still think he has first line upside. I think Morrissey has top pair upside too, but I'd put odd on Petan getting there first. Just my gut feeling and the difference IMO.

Makes sense. I guess I have always doubted or downgraded Petan because of his height but if I can show he can play with bigger players he could be a 2nd round steal.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I'm going to go WAY off the board here:

1) Connor
2) Ehlers
3) Petan
4) Harkins
5) Hellebuyck
6) Morrissey
7) Roslovic
8) Chiarot
9) Kostalek
10) Copp

Most of you guys have Harkins down in the 7-9 area. Not to take anything away from guys I've ranked lower, I just really think Harkins is a much better player than most people realize. I was going to be ok with the Jets taking him at 17th. He's deceptively intelligent. It often looks like he can make himself invisible to his opposition. His skating is way better than he gets credit for, and I think we'll see a real breakout from him this year. Top 5 in the W is what I'm guessing.

As far as putting Connor ahead of Ehlers, I probably shouldn't have, but I'm gonna leave it, just to be a donkey. They're both amazing kids with amazing futures, and hopefully stay with us for a long long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad