Line Combos: Post your opening night line combo projections

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If we're interested in giving Kapanen a look, I'd put him with Crosby and Kunitz and Bennett with Malkin and Hornqvist. Make the 3rd line Spaling-Sutter-Downie and the 4th line Dupuis-Goc-Comeau.

that's dreamy. If Kap can really come in and earn (not just be given by default) a spot then our lines will really fall in to place. At that point you have a clear line between top 6 and bottom 6. Then its just finding the best fits within each half of the lineup.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
If we're interested in giving Kapanen a look, I'd put him with Crosby and Kunitz and Bennett with Malkin and Hornqvist. Make the 3rd line Spaling-Sutter-Downie and the 4th line Dupuis-Goc-Comeau.

My predictions are Kapanen doesn't make it unless for a try-out or unless all the other options (Dupuis, Bennett, Downie) are hurt and Downie will see the fourth line before Dupuis will.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
My predictions are Kapanen doesn't make it unless for a try-out or unless all the other options (Dupuis, Bennett, Downie) are hurt and Downie will see the fourth line before Dupuis will.

Beyond a 9 game tryout, the status of the rest of our forwards should have no impact on Kapanen making this team. If he is ready for the NHL, he should be in the NHL. If not, he shouldn't be. The health of Dupuis, Downie or Bennett don't change whether he is ready for the NHL.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Beyond a 9 game tryout, the status of the rest of our forwards should have no impact on Kapanen making this team. If he is ready for the NHL, he should be in the NHL. If not, he shouldn't be. The health of Dupuis, Downie or Bennett don't change whether he is ready for the NHL.

I agree. But I think the Pens anticipated making a move to fill the top 6 hole in the offseason and weren't able to do so. The interviews from coaches and management throwing Dupuis, Bennett, Downie, Spaling, and Kapanen into the mix for the top 6 suggests that they have no idea and may be slightly desperate to fill the spot even if the player isn't ready whether due to age or injury.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I agree. But I think the Pens anticipated making a move to fill the top 6 hole in the offseason and weren't able to do so. The interviews from coaches and management throwing Dupuis, Bennett, Downie, Spaling, and Kapanen into the mix for the top 6 suggests that they have no idea and may be slightly desperate to fill the spot even if the player isn't ready whether due to age or injury.

I hope they don't do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad