Post-Game Talk: Post TDL Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Props to JR for Brassard. That was terrific... but this defense is going to lose equal amount of games that Brassard will help us win. Not to call it a wash, because we have brassard next year, but seriously. We needed some defensive help.

Reactions: NJPensFan5 and KIRK

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
Tampa can get worked.

V0eeV.gif

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Tampa also has an offense, not just a stacked D. Unlike those other teams.

I like it tho...more pressure on tampa to win it all now rather than the pens. We were the favorites after brassard, back to being underdogs.

Rangers werent going to help us win a 3rd in a row, if anything they took a lesser deal to give them to tampa to prevent us from winning another

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think our defense is fine. We have a very solid top 5 and then Hunwick but we also have a very reliable #7 and I also like what I've seen with Corrado when he is up and I think Frankie can provide some of that Cole type of grit if he's ever in.

Reactions: Giskard and Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Props to JR for Brassard. That was terrific... but this defense is going to lose equal amount of games that Brassard will help us win. Not to call it a wash, because we have brassard next year, but seriously. We needed some defensive help.

Calling it leaky will be the understatement of the year before long. Shootouts are unpredictable, but that's what we've invited. JR equipped them to do it. And then he tied an arm behind their backs.

Our d isn't even close to as bad as last year. Need I remind you we had Ron Hainsey eating big minutes in the playoffs, and Chad Ruhwedel often playing.

Letang with half a brain eating 20-25 mins a night still makes our d easily better than last year's.

This defense is charmin soft.

You're counting on Letang having half a brain.

Look, it wasn't sexy last year with Hainsey and Cole. But, you may miss 'wasn't sexy' once you get a fill of Letang and Hunwick and how they look protecting the net on the PK.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
We added 2 d-men last year, and this year we lost 1. Not smart. Who even is #8 after Ruhwedel? Trotman? I don’t want that guy playing a single shift in the playoffs.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think folks are being a bit dramatic about the defense. Hunwick's certainly not ideal, but this team is better than the one that won the Cup last year after the Brassard deal.

Reactions: Giskard

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Tampa also has an offense, not just a stacked D. Unlike those other teams.

I like it tho...more pressure on tampa to win it all now rather than the pens. We were the favorites after brassard, back to being underdogs.

Rangers werent going to help us win a 3rd in a row, if anything they took a lesser deal to give them to tampa to prevent us from winning another
Lesser deal? LoL

What were we going to use to beat what Tampa gave them? Those prospects two prospects are better then anything we have. Sprong = Russian kid and then they were given two 1sts.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I think our defense is fine. We have a very solid top 5 and then Hunwick but we also have a very reliable #7 and I also like what I've seen with Corrado when he is up and I think Frankie can provide some of that Cole type of grit if he's ever in.
Agreed. I like our defensemen this year more then last year. It would have been nice to upgrade Hunwick, but it didn’t happen. He needs to step up and he can. He was playing well before he was injured. Jooris is a good cheap depth move since we couldn’t get Cullen. The lack of another PK center concerned me and that was addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad