Line Combos: Post-Stone Line Predictions

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Here's our answer for tonight.

1st Line Remains, Stone to the 2nd, Tuch to 3rd with Eakin and Carpy.

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
Here's our answer for tonight.

1st Line Remains, Stone to the 2nd, Tuch to 3rd with Eakin and Carpy.

I’m hoping this is while he gets acclimated? How do we get a 9.5 million aav “superstar” and throw him on the 2nd line and keep our underproducing 1st line intact?

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I’m hoping this is while he gets acclimated? How do we get a 9.5 million aav “superstar” and throw him on the 2nd line and keep our underproducing 1st line intact?
At this point I figure those lines are interchangable, I figure they'll all get their 16-17 minutes.

Reactions: Knightmare

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
It's probably time we stop pretending that WK is Line 1.
I agree, but we've had two first lines for a while so referring to the OG 1st line as the first line should eliminate some confusion. Plus, he's still getting the most minutes as C, likely due to PK.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
It's probably time we stop pretending that WK is Line 1.
It actually has been for the past 9 games. But before that there was indeed a stretch where at first it was a 1A, 1B situation, but then Karlsson line became 2nd. And then it had the brief Zykov addition spark new life in it.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Patches Stastny Stone
Gusev Karlsson Tuch
Marchessault Eakin Haula
Carrier Bellemare Reaves
Zykov
Carpenter

Theodore Schmidt
McNabb Miller
Hague Coburn
Engelland

Clarkson, Smith, Holden traded. Merrill waived before season.
Coburn signed. Engelland, Bellemare, Pirri re-signed.
Reasoning:
-Coburn and Engelland will rotate in & out of the lineup to play big PK minutes & provide physicality. Coburn is slowing down and can be signed for cheap (around 2.5m). He can also play either LD or RD.
-Gusev must take a 1 year ELC if he comes over next season.
-Smith's 5m cap hit is a bit too much moving forward, especially if Gusev is to be re-signed or Eakin/Haula are willing to take discounts to stay.
-Bellemare might ask 2m but IMO he's worth it, and considering the possible turnover of forwards in the next 2 seasons they need to keep as many as they can.
-Hague makes the team out of camp next year IMO
-Glass starting in the AHL
-it's become tradition to have 25 veteran NHLers and try to keep them on the club. Why stop now? Merrill & Carpenter will stay on the club with another player on IR. If not; waived.

Cap hit: around 82.5-83m

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad