Proposal: Post-Game Threads

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
For discussion management reasons, I move that we go from using GDTs indefinitely to locking them up and using PGTs instead for discussion after the game. I just noticed that sometimes discussions were crossing three GDTs with discussions and it could get a bit confusing as to what was going on. This would keep it a little more easy to follow and eliminate some clutter.

Yay or Nay?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
For discussion management reasons, I move that we go from using GDTs indefinitely to locking them up and using PGTs instead for discussion after the game. I just noticed that sometimes discussions were crossing three GDTs with discussions and it could get a bit confusing as to what was going on. This would keep it a little more easy to follow and eliminate some clutter.

Yay or Nay?

Yeah that's a very good idea. Other teams forums are doing that.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Personally against, I think it'd add to the clutter. If we could just lock up old GDTs as soon as the next game starts, that'd be easier I think.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Putting a PGT in place for each game is a great idea.

For myself, I mostly watch the replays on Gamecenter Live because of my time zone. I'd love to be able to go straight to the PGT rather than having to sift through the GDT to find where the post-game comments start.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
No. I will boycott the board if this happens. Your brand of Yzlam is not wanted here.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Part of my logic comes down to a pgt not only discussing the game. It can also be used to discuss upcoming match ups more organically.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Part of my logic comes down to a pgt not only discussing the game. It can also be used to discuss upcoming match ups more organically.

I'm with this. There are also GDTs that spark conversation in other areas that don't feel right for any other thread, or a thread all its own, but is just as awkward carrying over into a new GDT. It's not like our board is super cluttered, especially compared to other boards.

Kristia

Old folks home..
Mar 10, 2006
Tampa Bay Area....
Never really had a need for a PGT here, because our GDT's don't normally break the 1000 post mark, so we have room in a GDT to talk post game. :dunno:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'm fine with either PGTs or locking old GDTs when the new one is posted. Don't really have a preference.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We're a small group, we don't need post threads, just lock up other older games so theres no confusion. Most of our threads don't get too big anyways

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
As long as we don't lock the old GDT threads before the new game starts. Sometimes there's good discussion in those things that doesn't really have anything to do with the game, but doesn't belong anywhere else either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad