tumblr_ll1t13sY2k1qfy8fto1_500.gif

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
1. Howie
2. Franzen
3. Brunner

HM: Smith & Kindl.

Need more from Z and Datsyuk. Pav has it rough playing with the two pylons, but he needs to have couple of shifts each game where he just takes over. We have not seen that for the past couple of weeks.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
1. Jimmy
2. The Defense (with the exception of the last 3 minutes)
3. The Bottom 6

Poor Poor Pavel. Good effort from Mule and Brunner. Z's gotta get one next game.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Howard
Franzen
Brunner

HM: Smith, Kindl and Kronwall. Our bottom 6 weren't bad either.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Jimmy
Franzen
Brunner

The 3rd star is really a toss up a lot of guys had good games today (Kronner, Smitty, Kindl) , but Brunner made some excellent plays tonight if they had some puck luck he'd have 3-4 primary assists tonight, and on top of that he is starting to round out his game.

Edge of Sanity*

1. Howard
2. Franzen
3. Smith

Pretty easy one for me. Franzen has been outstanding the last two games and was the most dangerous forward tonight. Smith was great as well (and has been since returning); really impressed with him.

On the opposite end, extremely disappointed with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Those two have not been doing enough lately. Seems like we won't ever score more than two goals again right now, and they're a big reason why.

RedWingsNow*

Howard.
Howard.
Howard

Could have given Franzen a spot, but he didn't clear it out. Cost us a goal, wiped out his own.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Wings back in 4th. For the time being.

Win Thursday and the back 2 back with Columbus and we could be sitting pretty.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
You know it would be fun is people actually started tabulating our "star" players (consensus) each night. Just to see who we should not be complaining about :P

I.E. add up all these 3 star votes for the year

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Doesn't that describe Howard and Kronwall's play this year?

Jimmy,
Franzen,
Brunner for me

Howard and Kronwall have had a lot more pressure put on them due to the departures of Lidstrom and Stuart. Does that excuse any hiccups in their play? Well, for me it does to a point; whether it does for you is another thing entirely.

Franzen, on the other hand, has been playing with 2 of the other top 4 forwards on the team all year, and has been in the top-6 for the last couple of years. His quality of linemate hasn't dropped off at all, and some might argue that it's gotten better.

I expect someone who can score 30 goals a year to play the way he did tonight EVERY night. Taking 2 weeks off then getting a handful of points in a couple of games does not cut it in my book.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Howard and Kronwall have had a lot more pressure put on them due to the departures of Lidstrom and Stuart. Does that excuse any hiccups in their play? Well, for me it does to a point; whether it does for you is another thing entirely.

Franzen, on the other hand, has been playing with 2 of the other top 4 forwards on the team all year, and has been in the top-6 for the last couple of years. His quality of linemate hasn't dropped off at all, and some might argue that it's gotten better.

I expect someone who can score 30 goals a year to play the way he did tonight EVERY night. Taking 2 weeks off then getting a handful of points in a couple of games does not cut it in my book.

He missed that time with an injury not for a vacation.

And when he's been playing he's barely gone more than 1 game without registering a point.

I guess some fans just have players they love to hate.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
He missed that time with an injury not for a vacation.

That's not what I meant, and you know it. It's not just this season, it's been the last couple of him deciding that he wants to play whenever he feels like it.

And when he's been playing he's barely gone more than 1 game without registering a point.

Small sample size this season, but if you want to go that route, almost a full 1/3 of his points have come on the PP. ;)

I guess some fans just have players they love to hate.

I don't hate him, I hate his lack of consistent effort.

Also, don't get it twisted, I'd LOVE for him to prove me wrong, just like I'd love Quincey to prove me wrong. I'd love for him to score 30-40+20-30 every year, but he's not a spring chicken anymore, and the less effort he gives night in and night out, the less likely he is to hit those lofty (standards not set by me, by the way) goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad