Post Draft Nolan/Nico Poll

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If Patrick was healthy all season, we don't get him.

That's true.

I was pro-Nico before the draft and would have taken him at #1 but Nolan could end up being the better player, and exactly what we needed to complement Giroux and Couturier.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
What's the difference between options 3 and 4?

Number 4 is more a comment against Nolan... where 3 was one for Nico.

I guess I should have just said; 'On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the highest, how much do you like the results of the first Flyers Selection'

That may have been clearer... and I suppose what I was really looking for... and less confusing.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
-Wanted Nico badly throughout last season (before his meteoric rise)

-Wanted Nico when we landed #2 overall, but was open to Patrick

-Slightly wanted Nico more when the draft drew closer, but would have been content with Patrick.

-100% thrilled we ended up with Patrick, for all the reasons talked about in this thread. I think Nico will end up being a good, high energy scoring winger. I think Patrick will be a franchise 2-way center who can score 70-80 pts.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016

-Slightly wanted Nico more when the draft drew closer, but would have been content with Patrick.

-100% thrilled we ended up with Patrick, for all the reasons talked about in this thread. I think Nico will end up being a good, high energy scoring winger. I think Patrick will be a franchise 2-way center who can score 70-80 pts.

I am glad I am not the only person who has some doubt nico will be an nhl center.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I am glad I am not the only person who has some doubt nico will be an nhl center.

I am not sure why you have those doubts.

He is 6'1
He weights 179 now...so likely 185 at camp.
Giroux is 5'11 and 185
He is VERY GOOD defensively. Not in a "lean on you, outmuscle you" kind of way. But instead a " I will strip you of the puck" kind of way.

Now it's not to say he won't be a winger to start the year with NJ. But I do think he can be a very good NHL C. I have yet to see a legit reason why he won't be.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I am not sure why you have those doubts.

He is 6'1
He weights 179 now...so likely 185 at camp.
Giroux is 5'11 and 185
He is VERY GOOD defensively. Not in a "lean on you, outmuscle you" kind of way. But instead a " I will strip you of the puck" kind of way.

Now it's not to say he won't be a winger to start the year with NJ. But I do think he can be a very good NHL C. I have yet to see a legit reason why he won't be.

Just my opinion that his size may be a concern and his skill set may be better suited at winger. I just have some doubt.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota

You held my attention up to the final moment... and I just loved the surprised ending. :popcorn:

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Patrick was who I was hoping we would get but I would not have been pissed if we got Nico. I mean come on look who was there at 13 compared to 2! I just hope all the experts are right about this young man. To land this horse of a center behind Giroux is just what the doctor ordered for this team:yo:

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I remember back in the winter when the Flyers were in a tail spin...I did a lot of reading on Nolan and thought to myself this guy is exactly what the Flyers need. I remember thinking Hexy should make a play for 1ov bc at that point it felt like a bottom 10 finish was likely. I just really wanted Nolan Patrick to be a Flyer...cant believe he actually is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad