Post Draft Nolan/Nico Poll

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Just for pure fun... and mild curiosity satisfaction... After the previous Polls, where we found Nico being the early choice of Flyers Fans... and then Nolan taking the subsequent Poll and taking away a huge chunk of Nico's initial supporters... fate handed The Flyers Nolan Patrick, as NJ chose Nico, and Hexy & Co. decided that Nolan was the best bet going forward... satisfied with their examination and reports on him.

This Poll is to see how many Flyers Fans are elated, satisfied, disappointed, or downright down in the dumps over not getting Nico.

Please try not to 'rationalize' and vote favorably just because Nolan is now a Flyer... and Nico is merely sour grapes that the Devils Fans will have to live with... Give us your honest Post-Draft feelings.

Edit: This Poll will stay open for sixty days, closing before Training Camp.

Last edited:

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I started out favoring Nolan, but had a slight preference for Nico by draft day, and I think that's where I still stand, though I was going to be happy with either.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I was Nolan from the minute we got 2nd in the lottery. Nothing has changed for me

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I started out favoring Nolan, but had a slight preference for Nico by draft day, and I think that's where I still stand, though I was going to be happy with either.

Yeah this was how it played out for me.

With the #2 pick it's not like we had much choice in which we drafted, so it's not something I'm worrying much about.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I remained undecided up until the draft, but now I'm 100% happy we got Patrick.

Some of that is probably bias, but I also started seriously watching video of him. I avoided watching too much of either player because I didn't want to get too attatched to one and then not get him. On top of that, his interviews have really won me over now that I see he's not just the typical emotionless Canadian top draft pick. He has a sarcastic and witty personality that I hope will frustrate the **** out of our media. :laugh:

Zod

Disappointment Train
May 31, 2011
I'd wanted us to get Nico since the lottery day, but am perfectly happy with Nolan.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Top two aren't mutually exclusive for me though, and I don't understand the distinction. I couldn't have been happier with getting either.

Also ban anyone that chooses the bottom two answers.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Top two aren't mutually exclusive for me though, and I don't understand the distinction. I couldn't have been happier with getting either.

Also ban anyone that chooses the bottom two answers.

Choosing something more than... and more interesting than:
a) I'm Happy With Nolan.
and
b) I'm Disappointed Jersey Didn't Leave Us Nico.

was not an easy task in deciding what the choices should be... I wanted a couple Options fitting in between... For better or worse, I came up with what we have.

Basically what was intended was what I alluded to in the OP... 'I'm Really Happy Because I Wanted Nolan'... 'I'm Satisfied with how Things Panned Out'... 'I Wanted Nico and I'm Disappointed'... and... 'WTF!!!; I'm Pissed That We Are Stuck with Nolan Who Will Not Be Near The Player Nico Will Be.

... Maybe I should have just gone with those, huh? ;) haha

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Would have drafted Nico if given the choice, but I think Nolan has the better career (provided health) because of the supporting cast.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Happy to have Nolan I am not sure Nico ends up being a center in the NHL and we needed a skilled center badly.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
They lucked their way into a blue chipper. Even if Nico turns into a 80+ point player and Patrick a 65-70 point type, it's irrelevant to me.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Should be a "couldnt be happier to get Nolan but would feel just as happy with Nico" option

I've always held to my belief that Nolan will be the best player in this draft and I stand by that today. Nico looks like a future superstar as well, but I'm the most happy to get Nolan. Hes gonna be a beast.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. We just got a goal scoring Kopitar

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Wow, look at those results. I honestly felt like I was alone on this for a while.
Finding out he won MVP with the injuries, is just the cherry on top. If he is "fixed", he's a franchise center, if he isn't (which let's be honest here, he is) he's a #1. Sweet.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Really happy with the Nolan pick.

Still undecided if I'd take Hischier given the choice because both have some serious skill but I believe Patrick will compliment the top-3 center position better.

+
Shot
Size

-
health

I think it depends on how his injuries will affect his career long-term.

If Frost/Rubtsov can come close to what Giroux is capable of we're set up for a long-time down the middle. Otherwise one of our d-gems might get us our next center.

In the mold of a Ryan Johansen - Seth Jones trade.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
My biggest concern with nolan was watching his extended game.clips from last season was his lack of explosiveness....well now knowing that he had no push nor burst and experienced deep.shooting pains while striding due to his injuries gives me hope that if healthy, he will be a better skater than he showed last season.

What Im looking forward to see on the nhl level from patrick is his great shot....i just checked his most recent highlights of all his goals from.just LAST season where he was hurt, and more than half his goals were of the pure scorer variety. Impressive stuff

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I'm not overly concerned about the injuries right now. If the hernia was properly taken care of in the summer before last year he would have been fine according to Hextall. So the injuries were a result of a bad diagnosis/work by a doctor.

I think he will have some bumps in the road but I like that people are already doubting him. Gives him more motivation to come out and be the best player in the draft.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I flipped. I was 100% Nico at the start, but when you read up and listen to what Patrick can do. You watch his shot, when you read that he basically had the same point per game average with a tear in his abdominal wall and add in he had like 120 pts in his 17 year old season.

I went to 100% Patrick and was really happy that Nico got picked 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad