Post All Star Game Scoring (AKA Where are we now?)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Nash-19 points
Zooks-18 points
Brass-18 points
Hayes-17 points
Hagelin-13 points
Kreider-12 points
Stepan-11 points
MSL-11 points
JT Miller-6 points

Hayes and Hags have basically been our 2nd line production wise.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Yes, Hayes is killin' it out there every night.

Very cool customer with the puck...with a great touch on his passes. It can't be a fluke. When you see how he anticipates the plays and feeds his teammates, it can't be luck. He is only going to get better.

Looks like he has 5 more points than our best 2nd liner since the break. Not bad. Quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

How in the world did we get this guy?

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Hayes is a stud. I'd like to think the scoring slump of some of our more important players (particularly Nash and Step) is the universe adjusting for that string of 4-5 goal games.

If guys like Hayes and Fast can keep up their good play and Nash, Step and Kreider round back into form, this team is sitting pretty going into the POs.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Hayes has played well for sure. I think Hags sometimes gets over looked. He is pretty high on the list as well. It is interesting to see which players stepped up their pace, stayed steady and who dropped after the all star break. Nash was going at an unreal pace so a slight drop off was expected. On the other hand Zooks had a slow start so we expected him to have produce more as the season went along. Guys like MSL and Step had much more significant drops.

Stepped Up:
Hayes (big)
Zooks
Hags
D Moore

Stayed Steady:
Kreider

Dropped:
MSL
Step
Nash
Brass

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
You could say that Hags is benefitting from Hayes' great play.....I mean if Hayes is hot, his line mates are gonna get points.

But I like Hags, too. Last night's goal was a decent example of what Hags does. He does important little things all the time. Hags grabbing/digging a puck off the board and getting it to Hayes got that play going.

In general, he's a hustler. Always willing to forecheck and always fighting for the puck....buzzing around the enemy. A speedy Swede, but with a blue collar attitude. Jan Erickson was another blue collar Swede we had back in the day, although not nearly as quick as Hags.

Like you, I'm a big Hags fan too.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hayes has played well for sure. I think Hags sometimes gets over looked. He is pretty high on the list as well. It is interesting to see which players stepped up their pace, stayed steady and who dropped after the all star break. Nash was going at an unreal pace so a slight drop off was expected. On the other hand Zooks had a slow start so we expected him to have produce more as the season went along. Guys like MSL and Step had much more significant drops.

Stepped Up:
Hayes (big)
Zooks
Hags
D Moore

Stayed Steady:
Kreider

Dropped:
MSL
Step
Nash
Brass

Nash and Brassard dropped, but are still 1st and 2nd in scoring since the All-Star break...

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I wouldn't say Brassard has dropped just because he's not scoring goals. He's still finding assists despite our goal scorers being ice cold. Brassard is a playmaker. If you told me he'd finish with 14 but still get over 50 points I would have taken that and ran. He just got most of them early.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I wouldn't say Brassard has dropped just because he's not scoring goals. He's still finding assists despite our goal scorers being ice cold. Brassard is a playmaker. If you told me he'd finish with 14 but still get over 50 points I would have taken that and ran. He just got most of them early.

When I say dropped I'm strictly speaking about points per game Before/After the all star break. Both Nash and Brass have played well.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Over the last 25 games, Hayes scored 18 points. That is just a shade under 60-point pace... while playing on the third line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad