Post a Team Picture of your All-Time Favorite Club/Team

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Can be a club or national team, just post a team picture of your favorite edition. Doesn't matter if they won it all or won jack squat.

Here's mine:

CxulS85UkAE7N_o

Looking at this, I wonder how the hell could this team ever lose a game (But they lost THAT Champions league final against Liverpool:().

Last edited:

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
If I have to choose a national team, I'd go with
The-nearly-perfect-team-Czech-Republic-at-Euro-2004--1152x746.jpeg

Czech Republic 2004. That was the finest football I've ever seen played by a national team. My God, they were so much fun to watch (and they had to lose to the biggest abomination in the history of football that was Greece *sigh)

Honorable mention to Portugal 2000 and Argentina 2006.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
That's really hard. Even my favourite teams have players I didn't completely like. I like the 80s Germans but not a fan of Schumacher and Hansi Müller. The early 90s didn't have Briegel anymore who is one of my favourite players.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
maradonas play in wc 1986 might have been the most exciting thing ever in football
We didn't talk individuals here.
Maradona was best player of the tourney, nodoby's disputing that (though he wasn't great in every game, but that's another point).
But Argentina wasn't the most exciting team.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
We didn't talk individuals here.
Maradona was best player of the tourney, nodoby's disputing that (though he wasn't great in every game, but that's another point).
But Argentina wasn't the most exciting team.

maradona was great in wc 1990 and wc 1994 too. he got too little credit for that

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool.jpg

The players who had the biggest balls I've seen in a big game. Not even a contest.

Country wise:

usa-squad-2002-world-cup.jpg

These boys were robbed of the SF and potentially even the final. I never really got over it. They outplayed Germany heavily in that QF game and should have won. Kahn was amazing in that game. It was surreal while it was happening. Prior to the tournament, the idea the US could ever outplay a team like that was ludicrous and the US did it numerous times in that tournament. They also forced Germany to park the bus in the second half.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
arsenal-invincibles_n86jw7eqakp314y2ccpezyyrv.jpg

When talking about club teams, there is only one winner.

In terms of international football, I am too young for the 1994 world cup bronze medal winners. I am torn between the world cup quarter finalists of 2018 our very talented Euro 2004 team that lost to the Netherlands on penalties. I do think we could have won it all if not for that shootout loss. Sweden played some beautiful football and won a group containing Italy and Denmark.

soccer-uefa-european-championship-2004-group-c-italy-v-sweden-GBJPRX.jpg

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
If I have to choose a national team, I'd go with
The-nearly-perfect-team-Czech-Republic-at-Euro-2004--1152x746.jpeg

Czech Republic 2004. That was the finest football I've ever seen played by a national team. My God, they were so much fun to watch (and they had to lose to the biggest abomination in the history of football that was Greece *sigh)

Honorable mention to Portugal 2000 and Argentina 2006.
Greece thoroughly outplayed the Czechs in extra time. Can't call yourself a great team if you get dominated like that.
maradona was great in wc 1990 and wc 1994 too. he got too little credit for that
Maradona will (deservedly) never get credit for '94 because he got kicked out the tournament for failing a drugs test.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Greece thoroughly outplayed the Czechs in extra time. Can't call yourself a great team if you get dominated like that.
Maradona will (deservedly) never get credit for '94 because he got kicked out the tournament for failing a drugs test.

That was a brilliant Czech team, nothing can change that, not even an extra time of Greek dominance.

The Czechs afaik, played better in regulation.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Also a different photo - Brighton in the stands celebrating promotion. Amazing team that I'll remember forever!
We are Going Up.jpg

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool.jpg

The players who had the biggest balls I've seen in a big game. Not even a contest.
It’s so crazy that LFC we so dominant in 19/20 but everyone remembers this (rightfully in my opinion) as the better team. 18-19 was my favorite season to watch. Millimeters away from an invincible season and PL/UCL Double. Incredible group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad