Post-2013 Lockout Forward Tournament: Elias Pettersson Versus Jack Hughes

Which Player Would You Rather Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Since the players involved are at different stages of their careers, the best way to vote is probably by answering this question: If I was a General Manager and I could draft one player for my team (having the knowledge that I have about each player at this point in time), which player would I choose?

Some are more accomplished than others and some have been more injury-prone than others, but under different circumstances, how different could things have been?

Tier 1, Round 1:

Connor McDavid
Connor Bedard

Nathan MacKinnon
Nikita Kucherov

Auston Matthews
Leon Draisaitl

Elias Pettersson
Jack Hughes

Jack Eichel
Aleksander Barkov

Kirril Kaprizov
Mikko Rantanen

David Pastrnak
Artemi Panarin

Mitch Marner
Brayden Point

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
I'll go with Jack Hughes. Pettersson has played himself out of this discussion despite his pretty nice point totals. His two way play is fine but not elite where we expected him to be. He can turn it around on a dime though as we've seen.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Pettersson, I'd be a bit concerned about injuries with Hughes.

Other than that, they're extremely close, considering age I'd give the edge to Hughes.

Last edited:

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Jack Hughes.

He was well on his way to establishing himself as the better player prior to his injury at the start of the season.

He’s quite a bit younger too.

Pettersson is too inconsistent.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Pettersson, hughes is too injury prone, like what's the point of being good if you can't even play.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
EP has been disappointing this year after a hot start. Even with Jacks injury concerns he’s just a more consistent player

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I like Hughes better as a player. Pettersson put it all together last season but this year is back to his inconsistencies. Hughes injuries are a concern though

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Went with EP. If Jack could stay healthy I would have went with him. Hopefully Jack can get bigger and stronger this offseason and can shake the injury bug

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Went with EP. If Jack could stay healthy I would have went with him. Hopefully Jack can get bigger and stronger this offseason and can shake the injury bug
I don’t like how many shoulder injuries it seems like he gets, shoulder is one of those weird joints where some people are always getting injured all the time. Seems like it gets easier and easier after every significant shoulder injury.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Good poll.

EP40 by a hair for me. Hughes has more pure offensive talent though saddled by injuries. Pettersson better two way player though struggled this year with consistency

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
IMO this is even to me. IF Pettersson can become more consistent it goes to him, IF Jack can stay healthy it goes to him. IF they both do what they need to do. Probably still even .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad