Injury Report: Post 2013-14 Injury Reports

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Although I'm all for blaming our terrible medical staff, in this instance if his only symptoms were headaches and he lied about it, then that its pretty hard to blame anyone but Mason.

Concussion are hard enough to detect, especially "minor" ones where the player is hiding some of the info.

yeah I agree and I said that in a recent post. testing is done for concussions and the players must pass them before they can play. If he passed his test and was still having lingering headaches then that is on him to say something. If he would of got hurt again that is on the player for not being upfront about lingering headaches from a concussion. even if he passes the test.
I would rather lose with Emery then have Mason get hurt and have long term issues from a going in sooner then he should have.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Steve Downie (hearing loss) surgery

More on Downie and others...

Forward Steve Downie will have surgery on his right ear today to alleviate a hearing loss issue.

Following the Flyers loss in Game Seven to the Rangers in the First Round, then general manager, Paul Holmgren announced that Downie had one surgery already on his ear to improve his hearing and would have another.

Downie missed the entire seven-game playoff series vs. Rangers, as well as the final 12 games of the regular season due to injury. He last appeared in the Flyers-Blues game at St. Louis on Mar. 22. Downie posted 14 assists and 17 points in 49 games since coming over to the Flyers from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for Max Talbot on Oct. 31.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=719334

Last edited:

SgtJoseph*

I remember Berube getting ripped for his decisions with Emery etc..........as i said before, coaches are with the players every day and know a helluva lot more than any of us do about the players health, fitness, and overall mental state.....Its easy to criticize a coach sometimes when one don't have all of the info the coaching staff has......I remember folks ripping Versteeg a few years back only to find out the guy was injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad