Injury Report: Post 2013-14 Injury Reports

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So all the people saying Berube screwed up by starting Emery in game 3 can admit they were wrong now.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I guarantee Couturier shows up on this list soon. He missed 4 practices recently. He was very good early in the Rangers series, but wasn't himself later.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
So all the people saying Berube screwed up by starting Emery in game 3 can admit they were wrong now.

Except there were conflicting reports. A report came out and said Mason was pain free and that Chief gave Emery the start because he "deserved" it.

I was one of those people saying he screwed up and now knowing the the real situation I can admit that Chief obviously did the right thing in not starting him. Based on what I "knew" at the time though, calling him out was justified.

He is an idiot for playing him in relief in game 3 though. If Maon wasn't pain free he shouldn't have been playing, he shouldn't have even been dressed, I don't care how much Heeter would have sucked if he needed to go in.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

No, he and the doctors should be fired for allowing him to dress and also play in that game if he wasn't cleared medically.

bauerhockey02

Mar 15, 2009
If Mason was dressed while still experiencing concussion symptoms then that is inexcusable. That is much worse than a typical lineup "mistake".

Bryz4shiz

Feb 10, 2009
Alhoa Oe
if the report is true then its another black mark on the teams medical staff who seemingly get pass after pass for being incompetent.

It's only really been a problem for at least a decade and a half. I'm sure they'll smooth things out eventually, or maybe Giroux will die from a collapsed lung in his hotel bathroom.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Bill Meltzer ‏@billmeltzer 13m

Couturier may have sports hernia. Simmonds a knee issue.

Dave Isaac ‏@davegisaac 11m

Still waiting on dr. reports for Simmonds and Couturier. Downie had ear problems which led to balance issues.

Bill Meltzer ‏@billmeltzer 11m

Downie surgery on both ears to improve hearing and balance.

Bill Meltzer ‏@billmeltzer 12m

Raffl needs minor surgery to clean out bone chips in elbow.

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009
Bill Meltzer ‏@billmeltzer 13m

Couturier may have sports hernia. Simmonds a knee issue.

Dave Isaac ‏@davegisaac 11m

Still waiting on dr. reports for Simmonds and Couturier. Downie had ear problems which led to balance issues.

Bill Meltzer ‏@billmeltzer 11m

Downie surgery on both ears to improve hearing and balance.

Bill Meltzer ‏@billmeltzer 12m

Raffl needs minor surgery to clean out bone chips in elbow.

Considering Downie is legally deaf in one ear (right?), that's pretty serious.

And that explains why Couts was not Couts-esque. Damn.

Thanks Stizzle.

klikkar

Apr 30, 2009
Brno
Flyers didn't let Voracek to WC, he told the coach he had some issues with his wrists for over a month, not feeling his fingers sometimes. :(

Didnt see anything reported via philly media before this.

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
B. Schenn is dealing with heavy premature wrinkling due to his excessive tanning salon visits

Gustafsson also has pressure sores on his rear end from sitting in the press box, as well as the ankle injury the FO gave him from Grossmann.

I'm thinking Couturier was clinically dead, and his beard is still in a follicularly-induced coma.

Vinny had necrosis of the whole body.....

You need:help::shakehead

Coburn once again showed signs of a brain injury

KimiFerrari

Messi Is God
Oct 29, 2007
Montreal, Qc
if the report is true then its another black mark on the teams medical staff who seemingly get pass after pass for being incompetent.

Although I'm all for blaming our terrible medical staff, in this instance if his only symptoms were headaches and he lied about it, then that its pretty hard to blame anyone but Mason.

Concussion are hard enough to detect, especially "minor" ones where the player is hiding some of the info.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Flyers didn't let Voracek to WC, he told the coach he had some issues with his wrists for over a month, not feeling his fingers sometimes. :(

Didnt see anything reported via philly media before this.

Didn't he get a nasty slash to the wrist a little while ago? That doesn't sound good not feeling his fingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad