Rumor: Possile KHL-NHL transfer agreement

St George

May 14, 2013
Following on from Vorky's facts, here's some speculation: I wonder if Mr Daly has thought about the near future, and the wisdom of treading on the KHL's toes at a time when his organization is still recovering from the lockout.

It's not just just Gazprom, but Rosneft and others are taking an interest in hockey. I wonder how Mr Daly would feel if the KHL ended the salary cap entirely, so that rich Russians can go shopping in the NHL, enticing all the Russian stars back home with offers of higher wages, maybe filling an entire roster with "NHL-ovtsi". Or since the KHL plans to expand as far as the UK, maybe Mr Daly would not enjoy the sight of Shell or BP setting up a KHL club in London and filling it with the NHL's best English-speaking players.

In the end, economics trumps politics (as I think Karl Marx said)

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Wouldn't it make more sense that instead of offering $275k or around that mount, to ask for nearer the league min.? Somewhere around $400k.

How often do players go over to the NHL per year?

metmag

Mar 4, 2013
I think they should sign the exact same thing. If the NHL wants to offer 275k for KHL transfers, than they should also be able to expect the same amount.

I wonder how many NHL players SKA would pull mid-season for a 275k transfer :sarcasm:

VladNYC*

To KHL clubs maybe but not to other European clubs. Not everyone has a sugardaddy oligarg/oil-/gascompany funding their team.

You could if you wanted to, but you guys would rather eat tables scraps than cooperate with Russians. That's your problem. Thankfully we no longer have to stand on our knees for anyone anymore, and neither do any of the countries that have gone on this intrepid path with us.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You could if you wanted to, but you guys would rather eat tables scraps than cooperate with Russians. That's your problem. Thankfully we no longer have to stand on our knees for anyone anymore, and neither do any of the countries that have gone on this intrepid path with us.

Cooperate how? Giving ownership of clubs to Russians in exchange for sponsorship of ~10 million euros and instead of being perennial title challengers in domestic leagues to becoming bottom dwellers in KHL with the constant threat of those Russian s backers deciding they want to do something else with their money? Or keep saying "no" to transfer agreements for the sake of being "unified" while simultaneously losing out on money that actually benefits the clubs and not getting anything out of it ourselves?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I said it and I am saying it again.

Yes, euro clubs does not have power to negotiate with NHL fair-fair, but these euro clubs should support KHL to have better position to NHL. Look, NHL is ready to negotiate with KHL fair-fair... with clubs like Slovan Bratislava as well. Why the hell, should not NHL act like to towards Finnish hockey federation etc as well? If they were united with KHL. Yep, I know why a few posters say idiotic statements here, but it does not mean that these idiotic statements are true.

United - I give you example how it works... Slovakia, Czech rep, Poland, Hungary have no power as isolated nation if negotiate with France/Germany/GB in EU organs. But, if they negotiate as Visegrád Group they have much more power. That is a sole example, I could find many examples of this kind.

Sad, but I have to share VladNYC´s point of view. Being on russian´s side is worse than everythin on Planet, so that is a reason why Finns/Swedes/Czechs etc behave like they behave.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad