TV: Possible West Wing reboot in the works

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
West Wing reboot is 'top secret' as Aaron Sorkin teases show's return | Metro News
Aaron Sorkin Addresses the West Wing Reboot Rumor We Will Never Stop Bringing Up

I say possible reboot because the entire cast likes to play jokes like this

previously Sorkin, Janney and Whitford gave interviews where it was alluded that Sorkin was going to make a cartoon version of the show and well--some media ran with the idea

Why this happened right now is because for some strange reason 4 cast members are in here in London doing filming and they have had dinner in the soho area of London on like 4 consecutive days and they responded and it may been out of boredom.

But the current head of NBC loves the west wing and he would love to see it happen

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I love The West Wing, but I think the current political environment makes this a tough challenge. We are so far away from the idealized version of politics as presented in The West Wing that it would be hard to really take seriously.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I loved the West Wing, but the current political environment would make a reboot all the more impossible to imagine, tbqh. Maybe a West Wing miniseries about Santos running for a second term (having been defeated in his initial reelection campaign, so he's trying to be a second Cleveland with non-consecutive terms) with Bartlet as a elder statesman revered by half the nation and absolutely hated by the other half, but not much beyond that. You could possibly have an alternate future connected to the West Wing timeline that could thereby explain a very hard tack to the right and the backlash against it.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I loved the West Wing, but the current political environment would make a reboot all the more impossible to imagine, tbqh. Maybe a West Wing miniseries about Santos running for a second term (having been defeated in his initial reelection campaign, so he's trying to be a second Cleveland with non-consecutive terms) with Bartlet as a elder statesman revered by half the nation and absolutely hated by the other half, but not much beyond that. You could possibly have an alternate future connected to the West Wing timeline that could thereby explain a very hard tack to the right and the backlash against it.

The idea that was passes around a few years ago was a flashforward and back series where Sam Seaborn is running for office or the off spring of Donna and Josh

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I guess I could see Seaborn running for office, but that being said if he was running for president that'd be a big leap from what we last saw of him (failed congressional candidate that was a deputy chief of staff). Lot of ground for him to go from party insider with no elected experience to Democratic nominee for president after all, even if you made it so that he had an Obama-like meteoric rise off-camera. Donna and Josh's kids would mean a series that takes place likely 30+ years in the future if they had a kid almost immediately after the show ended, which I don't think would work in a show with a format like the West Wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad