Speculation: Possible talks with Tor/Stl for Paryako

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Not really a fan of either team, just happen to live near st.louis so I see blues related talks

"According to Toronto radio analyst Dean Blundell the Leafs and Blues may be talking another trade.
Blundell states that some very valid sources at MLSE are talking about a trade package that will make a splash in Toronto
According to his sources Andreas Johnsson, Timothy Liljegren and the 15th overall pick from the Kapanen trade is being discussed with St Louis in a package that would send Colton Parayko to Toronto."

So I do believe that tires were kicked and names mentioned

Ledge And Dairy

Its a really bad deal for St. Louis. In the Blues current position they need to make around 7-9M cap space to resign Pietrangelo. This deal nets them a total of 2M.
My counter offer would be Sandin + #15 for Parayko. This would give them 5.5M cap to work with instead and would being them a lot closer to an extension

If I’m correct Blundell is one of the people who posts on nhltraderumors right? Eklund has more credibility than that site.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Its a really bad deal for St. Louis. In the Blues current position they need to make around 7-9M cap space to resign Pietrangelo. This deal nets them a total of 2M.
My counter offer would be Sandin + #15 for Parayko. This would give them 5.5M cap to work with instead and would being them a lot closer to an extension
I would still do that, which says it's still probably not enough for St Louis.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014

That works too for the Leafs. Leafs already have Rielly and Muzzin and Demortt. Sandin should be expendable

Reactions: Ciao

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
I know these Parayko to Toronto proposals are tiring and I see them all the time on these boards from fans and for that i'm sorry, but I'm reading it from St.louis based pages as well, but yea, most all linking to this Dean Blundell guy, so if he isn't credible then chances are not happening and nothing to worry about for those that don't wanna see Colton leave.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
How is this going to help ST Louis. They trade out 5.5m and get back 4.26m if Liligren goes into Parayko's spot. Andreas Johnsson doesn't fill a need for ST louis as they already have a ton for forwards.

Reactions: Morrison and 780il

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
How is this going to help ST Louis. They trade out 5.5m and get back 4.26m if Liligren goes into Parayko's spot. Andreas Johnsson doesn't fill a need for ST louis as they already have a ton for forwards.

Well my thinking is they want that pick and to shed some salary to sign petro, Liljegren is a nice throw in as well for the younger defenseman coming up, And these are just names discussed in a package, it would most likely be more names/picks thrown into a package, because even i don't think that's enough to get Colton.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I know these Parayko to Toronto proposals are tiring and I see them all the time on these boards from fans and for that i'm sorry, but I'm reading it from St.louis based pages as well, but yea, most all linking to this Dean Blundell guy, so if he isn't credible then chances are not happening and nothing to worry about for those that don't wanna see Colton leave.

Funny, I never see them. The last one I even remember was last summer.

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Doug Armstrong and Craig Berube said they have a 5 year window to win another one and they are in year 3. You need Alex Pietrangelo to do that.

Reactions: Morrison

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Is the only thing that blundell called the babcock thing?

He had the number and term exactly on that. Even when insiders were saying buffalo.

I can’t remember anything else?

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Well my thinking is they want that pick and to shed some salary to sign petro, Liljegren is a nice throw in as well for the younger defenseman coming up, And these are just names discussed in a package, it would most likely be more names/picks thrown into a package, because even i don't think that's enough to get Colton.

If they trade players to get Petro signed it won't be Parayko. They can buyout Steen, Trade Bozak with a sweetener and trade Schwartz for futures and they then can sign Petro and Dunn.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
If the Blues are inclined to trade Parayko (presumably because they have a deal in place to re-sign Pietrangelo) then I would expect they will only pull the trigger on a deal that they will "win" given the demand for his services around the league, at least judging by NHL fanbases. I can't see a deal between TOR and STL that includes Parayko but doesn't include one of Nylander or Marner. I would say Rielly since STL could be seeking a top LD, but I don't see that as a realistic ask from TOR given their need to bolster their defense and their glut of top forwards.

There are just too many other options out there as potential suitors for Parayko that I can't see them settling on a deal that has Johnsson as the "centerpiece" unless there is more than one premium pick coming back the other way.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Doug Armstrong and Craig Berube said they have a 5 year window to win another one and they are in year 3. You need Alex Pietrangelo to do that.

I agree that they need Petro to do that but the Toronto deal doesn't solve anythign other than getting ride of their number 2 defenceman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad