Possible surprise dmen

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
My homer pick- Deangelo if given the chance, people forget about how offensively gifted he is. I could see a Brady Skjei type year just not as good defensively.

Non Homer pick- LaDue, Schmidt, and Orlov were great choices as well, agreed there. I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that Orlov will be considered a lower end 1D by the end of the year.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
DeAngelo has the chance to surprise some people this year if he plays well in camp and gets himself into the starting lineup.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I think Gustav Forsling might have a good opportunity this year

Forsling is a fantastic pick for this thread. He, as a 20 year old, played 38 games with the Hawks last season. Didn't look too out of place for a guy who had previously never played in the NHL or even in North America.

But I'm super high on his abilities after seeing him in preseason last year. Kid looked a lot like a mini Lidstrom. Similar size/height, accurate and low shot, and how he just seemed to make all the right moves when moving the puck up ice. Forsling looked like a legit top pairing defensemen in those games; just a shame he couldn't quite keep up in the regular season (though understandable given his age and experience).

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Not sure where Theodore fits in on the Vegas lineup but looking forward to seeing what he can do in the NHL, if he even plays there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad