News Article: Possible Open Meeting Law violation

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Meh. Don't care about Glendale.

This.

They were the ones, who thought it was a great idea to put the team way out on the west side, which makes it difficult for casual fans on the east side to get to games (remember, we're all hardcore fans here, so we're probably more the exception than the rule when it comes to commuting to Glendale regularly).

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
This debacle and what is currently happening in Detroit is heartbreaking. Taxpayer funded welfare for billionaires should never happen. They can afford their own arenas but the want taxpayers to foot the bill because sports arenas do not generate revenue.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
It's amazing all the vultures that come out online when Glendale and the Coyotes are mentioned. The happiness in their words when they see any bad news (or even fake bad news like this) about the Coyotes is really odd, almost obsessive. Get over it people.

They never, ever will. However, if you're feeling down, go dig up the BoH megathread from right after the city council vote a year ago, and take glee in the wailing and gnashing of teeth that ensued. And know that they'll still be wailing and gnashing every time they see "Arizona" in the NHL standings for a few years. :sarcasm:

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
A lot of bluster for a minor issue from the standpoint of the Coyotes. The AZ Republic article drew extremely wide conclusions as to the "potential" effect of an AG finding of an open meeting violation. It does demonstrate, however, the absolute circus that is the COG council.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It does demonstrate, however, the absolute circus that is the COG council.

I think they are all a circus :laugh:
The Surprise city council had a member who was not living in the district and was voting by phone. He moved out of state :laugh:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
They never, ever will. However, if you're feeling down, go dig up the BoH megathread from right after the city council vote a year ago, and take glee in the wailing and gnashing of teeth that ensued. And know that they'll still be wailing and gnashing every time they see "Arizona" in the NHL standings for a few years. :sarcasm:

Good thing out of all of this is there is no proof that shows that Coyotes are in trouble business wise. Just a guess on my end here but if we do get relocated in a few years, I doubt we see as many in the hockey world going to blame the market as the reason why but put more of the blame on Riberio's contract getting brought out instead as the main reason.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
Good thing out of all of this is there is no proof that shows that Coyotes are in trouble business wise. Just a guess on my end here but if we do get relocated in a few years, I doubt we see as many in the hockey world going to blame the market as the reason why but put more of the blame on Riberio's contract getting brought out instead as the main reason.

Personally, if we can't put 15,000+ people in the building on average going forward, I think the team should relocate. No more excuses for the fans, IMO. We have ownership. We are icing a team of NHLers. Other NHL teams come to visit with marquee players. It's the highest level of hockey in the world.

If we can't average 15,000 fans per game, then the market truly has spoken. I will be interested to see what the STH numbers look like this year because that is the number that will drive consistent attendance.

And for the record, I have been a season ticket holder since the first year so I have put my money where my mouth is, and in no way do I want to see the team leave. I also believe that the Coyotes will surpass their best year of average attendance either this year or next. I'm not too concerned about the out clause.

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
All that will happen is some Elected Officials will pay fines. The Team will stay where it is for at least the next 4 years. Now Unless they lose 50 mill? All bets are off.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Personally, if we can't put 15,000+ people in the building on average going forward, I think the team should relocate. No more excuses for the fans, IMO. We have ownership. We are icing a team of NHLers. Other NHL teams come to visit with marquee players. It's the highest level of hockey in the world.

If we can't average 15,000 fans per game, then the market truly has spoken. I will be interested to see what the STH numbers look like this year because that is the number that will drive consistent attendance.

And for the record, I have been a season ticket holder since the first year so I have put my money where my mouth is, and in no way do I want to see the team leave. I also believe that the Coyotes will surpass their best year of average attendance either this year or next. I'm not too concerned about the out clause.

Excellent post. I'm right in the same boat with you.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010

You're right man.. If we can't fill out the barn.. We honestly don't deserve the team. The only solid argument against that is that in our first year with real owners, we had a crappy on ice product. We will see how this upcoming season pans out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad