Possible Nurse and Pietrangelo suspensions in Game 5 (Nurse and Pietrangelo both suspended for one game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
wow... that's a strange take. So if Nurse stands there and takes a beating its 2 min each. But because he fought back after taking 8 punches, he gets the instigator for "grabbing". Like I said, next time a player gets "grabbed" they have free rein to knock the guy who grabbed him's socks off and if the grabber fights back. instant Instigator. Interesting....
The instigator is for actively seeking out the fight and being 3rd man in, if Nurse didn’t travel it’s not an instigator.

If the fight happened naturally it’s offsetting penalties

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
A part of it, yes
It wasn't meant for these particular situations and the NHL would have been better off not having called the instigator there especially with tensions so high. This should have been a case where two guys fought legally without these kinds of post-game punishments.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
It wasn't meant for these particular situations and the NHL would have been better off not having called the instigator there especially with tensions so high. This should have been a case where two guys fought legally without these kinds of post-game punishments.
It was 100% meant for this, hence why it was called

Cant Kick On 1 Foot

Nov 22, 2006
This is like denying spousal abuse because there are no marks. Just stop.

I have yet to see anyone who isn't either a fervant Knights fan or anti-Oilers say either suspension was correct.
This is like denying spousal abuse because there are no marks. Just stop.

I have yet to see anyone who isn't either a fervant Knights fan or anti-Oilers say either suspension was correct.
I know, right. Seems to be taken out of context. It was a rhetorical question, when I was asked by a defender of Kane’s crosscheck, if it was so bad “where is the bruise on Pietrangelo’s face” from Kane’s crosscheck. My response to that individuals question was the same question but regarding Draisaitl wrist.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Parros is such a stupid f***ing loser.

Nurse's interaction happened multiple times in the regular season with the game suspension rescinded in every case. So why not does it stick?

Pietrangelo getting one game for something that could send a player off for months with a broken wrist or arm if it's a few cm's up or down his arm sends a signal. I can't wait to see what a guy like Kostin or Kane does tonight and when Pietro gets back.

Buddies wires crossed after being thoroughly abused and showed he can't handle the heat. What a little bitch. I wonder if Edmonton turns it up another notch and goes out obliterating Knights again tonight. They already have 50+ more hits in the series.

I have a feeling Theodore is in for a rough night.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
LOVE LOVE LOVE, that you took the time to investigate. Even took the time to screen shot and post! Keep up the good work, brother.

Strawman. Stop reaching. I’m saying if you’re calling that two hand to the protected arm a suspension, then call a cross check to the unprotected face a suspension.
Love that CP must be so quiet right now that you spend all day here working through your sadness. Hey at least you guys have a decent AHL team to cheer for.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I mean I'm a Sharks fan so we haven't played meaningful hockey in years unless you include the games we're hoping to lose to get 1oa. I enjoy posting in playoffs because I pretty much hate every team not in San Jose so I have no allegiances.
Hey most fans who’ve been a fan of one team for a while definitely know that feeling. It is cool to see some fans of other teams who are here to talk hockey and not pure nonsense

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I'm not sure if fans of other teams are aware that the message is it's now open season on their star players.

A violent, as hard as you can, 2 hand slash on the arms of your best player a full 3 seconds after the puck is off his stick is now a 1 game suspension.

Not sure why fans of other teams are getting glee out of this because I certainly don't want to see anybody do that to star players on other teams. This is total insanity.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
I'm not sure if fans of other teams are aware that the message is it's now open season on their star players.

A violent, as hard as you can, 2 hand slash on the arms of your best player a full 3 seconds after the puck is off his stick is now a 1 game suspension.

Not sure why fans of other teams are getting glee out of this because I certainly don't want to see anybody do that to star players on other teams. This is total insanity.
I hope that's exactly what happens. I would love nothing more then the Oilers to be up big tonight and start running Eichel, Stone and the other top players. I will continue to make this league look 2nd rate that it is.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009

Great point. Why not send Derek Ryan out and have him two hand Eichel on the wrist? There is a decent chance you take him out for the series and Ryan will be back if there is a game seven. Not saying I want that to happen, I don't, but if basically assures you of a series win... the precedent has been set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad