Tribute possible Gilbert memorial service

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I realize we have a couple of other threads on this subject, and merging them would make sense, but this one is on a specific subject so pls keep highlighted and separate until no longer applicable.

I too had the honor of meeting our friend, a friend to us all, Rod Gilbert, which I will get into a bit subsequently. I am aware that he was a devout Catholic and while it was closest to his then residence on the upper east side, I would see him at Sunday mass at Our Lady of Good Counsel Church. [The church is located at E, 90th St betw 2nd + 3rd Aves; very close to Yorkville Towers and closer still (across the street) from the Rupert Towers complex which is the one I think I remember was where he lived.

I do not see a memorial service of any kind indicated at the Rangers official site as of today, Mon. Aug 23 at 8:20pm

If the family wishes are for only private funeral, etc., that is to be respected. Should Rod have a final resting in a cemetery, we respect him greater by giving the immediate family their space.

However, if there is no objection, I would like at some later point to arrange for a funeral mass or other appropriate service.

No hard commitment, just spitballin for a head count and some feedback, who theoretically would be interested in attending a Catholic mass or other memorial service, presumably at this parish, final yea or nay pending details?

ps -- fyi at present parish is following NYC Health Dept + NYC Archdiocese guidelines re: covid --- mask wearing and social distancing required for unvaccinated, optional for vaccinated.

Reactions: egelband and bobbop

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2