Possible Canadian Dream Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
Possible Canadian Dream Season A deal is struck and the Leafs play the Nucks for the Cupp and to top it off the Oilers win the Crosby lottery! but how about the flip side--a deal is struck and it is Tampa and LA in the finals and the Ducks win the lottery. {yuck} (as a canes fan i like the Canadian dream better)

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
lol....shouldnt a cane fans dream season consist of the canes getting Crosby, or how bout actually drawing more then 10 fans to your home games.......If I was Lowe and had the 1st pick, I would trade it down and draft Brule and get me self a 1st line centre.

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
as a canes fan i just hope to still have a team to pull for when the game starts back -wishing for crosby would be tempting the hockey gods too much

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
snakepliskin said:
as a canes fan i just hope to still have a team to pull for when the game starts back -wishing for crosby would be tempting the hockey gods too much
Hey, if only your fellow Carolinans had the passion you do. Dont worry you still got NCAA b-ball Champion to be UNC and theres always the Panthers :bow: .

WhalerBoy

Jul 22, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
OilerFan4Life said:
lol....shouldnt a cane fans dream season consist of the canes getting Crosby, or how bout actually drawing more then 10 fans to your home games.......If I was Lowe and had the 1st pick, I would trade it down and draft Brule and get me self a 1st line centre.

I think instead of trading down, he might be able to get that first line centre by drafting some kid they keep talking about.....hmmm....whats his name?

I think he just may be first line material, if you ask me! :D

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Canadian dream and Toronto into Final just doesnt seems right to me...

Of course, might be biased like most Habs fans about the Leafs ;)

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
WhalerBoy said:
I think instead of trading down, he might be able to get that first line centre by drafting some kid they keep talking about.....hmmm....whats his name?

I think he just may be first line material, if you ask me! :D

Well yes. No kidding. But I think Gilbert is gonna be the better pro. Sticky this post, and we will all come back in 20 years and say that idiot oiler fan was correct. :D

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
snakepliskin said:
Possible Canadian Dream Season A deal is struck and the Leafs play the Nucks for the Cupp and to top it off the Oilers win the Crosby lottery! but how about the flip side--a deal is struck and it is Tampa and LA in the finals and the Ducks win the lottery. {yuck} (as a canes fan i like the Canadian dream better)

I will go for the flip side of your dream. :D

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
OilerFan4Life said:
Well yes. No kidding. But I think Gilbert is gonna be the better pro. Sticky this post, and we will all come back in 20 years and say that idiot oiler fan was correct. :D

Thats a bold post, and you might be one of 20 people in Canada, that actually think that.

If you were GM of a team, do you think this would be a smart move. What would you expect in return for the Crosby pick. What if Brule doesn't pan out, like many small skilled forwards before him haven't. I don't like this one bit, the Oilers have been in desperate need of a surefire superstar, and then you want to trade one away, for a possible superstar. This would go down as one of the worst GM moves in history.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
kerrly said:
Thats a bold post, and you might be one of 20 people in Canada, that actually think that.

If you were GM of a team, do you think this would be a smart move. What would you expect in return for the Crosby pick. What if Brule doesn't pan out, like many small skilled forwards before him haven't. I don't like this one bit, the Oilers have been in desperate need of a surefire superstar, and then you want to trade one away, for a possible superstar. This would go down as one of the worst GM moves in history.

please lets not turn this into a Milbury bashing thread :D

I think some mis-interpreted my post. I said trade Crosby for Brule and a top line centre. If Crosby is really that good then why wouldnt a team like....Chicago for instance trade Bell and a 1st to get Crosby.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
OilerFan4Life said:
please lets not turn this into a Milbury bashing thread :D

I think some mis-interpreted my post. I said trade Crosby for Brule and a top line centre. If Crosby is really that good then why wouldnt a team like....Chicago for instance trade Bell and a 1st to get Crosby.

I think you can pull off alot more for Crosby than Bell and the 2nd pick overall.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
kerrly said:
I think you can pull off alot more for Crosby than Bell and the 2nd pick overall.

Out of all the "potentially bad teams" Chicago is the only one with a big centre that I would want in the Heartland. Hence I suggested Bell. If you really think Crosby can net more then Brule and Bell, then by all means lets hope to finish last and get the 1st overall pick. :bow:

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Toronto won't win the Cup, even in a fantasy league of all Canadian teams. Ottawa would beat the Winnipeg Jets in four.

Surely Winnipeg would be part of this make believe league?

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
kingsjohn said:
Tampa would slaughter LA. It wouldn't even be close.
not with that trap......errr good defence the Kings play :D

Seriously, I could see the Kings giving a run at Tampa. The one thing Calgary/Philly lacked was defensive footspead. The Kings blueliners can skate, so Im not sure if it would be a "slaughter"

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
snakepliskin said:
but how about the flip side--a deal is struck and it is Tampa and LA in the finals and the Ducks win the lottery. {yuck}

woo hoo :handclap:

Anaheim actually has no shot at being one of the worst 3 or 4 teams though unfortunately.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
snakepliskin said:

What's wrong with Tampa and LA in the finals? They're actually 2 teams in the South who do well. The bad idea would be Nashville getting Crosby and Phoenix and Florida in the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad