Friedman: Possibility a Dustin Brown for Dion Phaneuf trade?

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
4. Ottawa GM Pierre Dorion had a lengthy conversation with Los Angeles compatriot Rob Blake during the later rounds of the draft. There is one move that could make sense for both sides: Dustin Brown for Dion Phaneuf. Both have the same cash remaining  $25.5 million. Brown’s AAV is lower ($5.875 million to Phaneuf’s $7 million), but he has five years left on his contract to Phaneuf’s four. The Senator defenceman can go to Los Angeles, but I’m not sure if Brown’s list allows him to go to the Canadian capital.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-trade-value-first-round-pick/

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Why would they move Phaneuf after losing Methot?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
As a Leafs fan I hope not.

Brown loves to go knee hunting and I fear for all Eastern Conf young players, including the Leafs

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
ottawa has an overpaid forward in bobby ryan, don't need another one in dustin brown

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
everytime friedman talks his credibility gets worse...if thats possible anymore

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeah, as he said, he's just speculating. In that case, nothing to see. He's not a very smart hockey person per say.

Incredible journalist and has many contacts, when he hears rumblings, trust him.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
The amount of weasle words he uses to say basically nothing in 3 paragraphs is astounding.

I hope he's like this in real life.

"Is there a possibility you're invited to a BBQ? There are rumblings going on among those in the know that I may be interested in having a conversation regarding a BBQ at my place. There's no official confirmation but if I had to speculate, Saturday at noon could make sense for most people, but so could Sunday at 4. The Friedman's don't seem to be budging off their BYOB stance, we'll see if anything comes together maybe eventually."

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
Nominee for GM of the year award wants to take on Dustin Brown's contract while losing a top4 d-man? Huh?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad