Positives Only Thread

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Cholowski 5pts/6GP, ...he may turn into a 1st pairing (#2) afterall...TBD; leads DRW in TOI.

50.6% Faceoffs 13th best thru 8 games
(better than TML, TBL, EDM, SJ, WSH, WPG amond others)...good teams with good centers

PK 84.8% 6th best

PP 28% 7th best

Best probability to land Hughes/#1

Hronek 3pts/6GP, looks like a 2nd pairing guy right now or very soon.

Sulak will be back & better (probably)

Frans 55.3% FO, best of regular C's

Gus 7pts/8GP, 5% SH%(will likely go up)

Larkin 7pts/8/GP

Bert 5pts/8GP

Mantha 5% SH%(will likely go up)

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I'll tell you what, I think all three of our high profile kids have made tangible differences on the power play. Hronek and Cholowski can actually hit the net and score goals from the point. *gasp* And Rasmussen is always right there taking up space in a good way. So cheers to that.

Last edited:

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I think we have 3 of our top 4 D in Cholowski, Hronek, and McIssac. Not sure where Lindstrom, Saarijarvi, or Kotkansalo fit in yet.

Larkin certainly is trying strap this team on his back. Engaged every shift.
Veleno continues to be promising.

We will end up with a top 5 draft pick this year. We still need another center, wing (or two), and top defenseman. Although it would be nice to get Hughes, I would stick with the BPA approach.....it looks like it worked this year.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
If I see a single electron in here I'm going to lose my stability.
hqdefault.jpg

RedWingsDad

Jul 30, 2013
I’ll second Larkin being a positive. He is probably never going to put up super star numbers but he is shaping up to be real gud captain material.

The Tank

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
Dylan Larkin's growth. He is developing a really solid 200 foot game.
Dennis Cholowski 's emergence. It's still super early but if he keeps this up he will be a first pairing defenseman.

Detroit will get a great prospect in the upcoming draft. I really hope they do their homework with the scouting.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I like Helm- Larkin-Nyquist line
Next 2 years we will have high draft pics

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
While it is far too early to claim them as our next #2 & #3 Dmen, or even top 4, these are very respectable #'s, considering our roster, road schedule, injuries, B2B's etc.

Cholo & Hronek

2nd & 5th in Rookie Dmen Pts. & P/GP in NHL!

20th & 14th in +/- among rookie dmen

Cholo, Sulak, Hronek, Hicketts 1st, 5th, 7th, 10th TOI (ok injuries, but still)

Cholo & Hronek 3rd & 6th in SH%...rookie dmen

Cholo & Hronek 1st & 2nd in PPP...rookie dmen
(more opportunity)

Cholo compares with Henri Jokiharju (CHI) in pts & TOI & better in P/GP
Hronek compares with Rasmus Dahlin (BUF) in pts & TOI & better in P/GP

Both outshining Miro Heiskanen! (DAL)

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
While he hasn't met my very high expectations so far, Rasmussen is one of our few players that is at least even. He has had a goal called back, and his screens have directly led to at least two goals but he doesn't show up on the scoresheet for those.

The same could be said about his pre-season where he did have better numbers. There were a handful of goals that were direct results of his screens, but he doesn't get a point.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Cholo looks fantastic. Ras is improving and at only 19 I like the way he can control the puck behind the net and hold his own in front, points will come. Curious if they'll keep him around past 9 games. Larkin looks ready for the C.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You can tell, that Larkin wants to be the leader on this team, and the next captain. He is busting his butt out there, basically every shift, and just the way he is carrying himself looks like that of a captain.

-Loving Cholowski, his passing is really good, but more than that, his decision making is very smart with the puck and he doesn't throw it away like a grenade, he has a good patience with it. Hope he can be our new #1 very soon.
-Larkin-Helm-Nyquist look really good the past 2 games.
-Rasmussen isn't fully there yet, but he has his moments where he looks like a really good future PF.
-Hicketts, like most of what he does out there, he is pretty smart with his play
-I like what little we get to see with Ehn, (seems like a perfect PK) he hustles and is smart defensively, not sure why he doesn't get a little more ice time

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Few things:
- Larkin is incredible and I am much more confident about his ability to be a 1C in this league. I'm confident he will put up 70+ points this year. Once the Wings are competitive/have a better surrounding cast in 3-4 years I expect Larkin to be putting up 80-85 points a year with his strong 2way play which is elite 1C territory. Extremely happy with his development and he absolutely deserves the C.

- Rasmussen looks better each game. I think it would be good to keep him up and have him learn the NHL game. Points will start coming as he becomes more and more confident - he could be our version of Anders Lee if all goes well.

- Cholowski is fantastic. Unless he drops off out of nowhere, I see him as a top pairing dman for the future. He has a chance to be a bonafide #1 as well if he can shore up his defensive play - and he's a rookie with only 6 games so far, so that's definitely on the table. With better D play and his excellent vision, skating, and passing, he can be a #1 dman on a competitive team. I'm extremely happy with his progress and excited to see where he goes. Great pick by holland and co. here.

- Bertuzzi looks solid every game and will be a good top 6/9 option for us for many years. Perfect complementary, high-energy player that every contender needs.

- The top-5 of the 2019 draft looks absolutely incredible for top end C talent. Beyond the obvious top 2 in Kakko and Hughes, Kirby Dach and Cozens both look like gamebreaking talents as well - huge, RH 1Cs. I personally love Dach and think he will be the second coming of Ryan Getzlaf/Joe Thornton. We probably won't be picking lower than 5th so I'm super hyped for this year. Odds are we're getting a franchise-level player. Take that + 1 more top4D from this draft (late 1st or early 2nd), and suddenly Detroit isn't looking so bad for the future. And that's not even counting the likely top 5 pick we get in 2020, which has some fantastic names as well (Byfield, Lafreniere, Raymond, Holtz, Gunler, etc.)....

I'm optimistic about the future.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Dylan Larkin's growth. He is developing a really solid 200 foot game.
Dennis Cholowski 's emergence. It's still super early but if he keeps this up he will be a first pairing defenseman.

Detroit will get a great prospect in the upcoming draft. I really hope they do their homework with the scouting.
I hope they don't have to do their homework because they get #1 ;)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Patrik Stefan, Alexandre Daigle, Rick DiPietro & Brian Lawton say hello.

I get what you're saying though.

You want Jack Hughes? I think he is an interesting prospect but i'm not 100% sold on him yet.

I don’t think I have seen a prospect bust that has his level of vision + playmaking.

Reinhart has underwhelmed a bit while being great in both areas, but Hughes is considerably more skilled to me.

RedWingsDad

Jul 30, 2013
Cholowski was mentioned by a few others, but I consider him to be the one major bright spot so far this year. Larikin progressing and Bertuzzi chugging along and being a skilled pest are also awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad