Popeyes chicken sandwich is back

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
I like the spicey version which has the creole cajun dipping mayo sauce on it I think they call it "remoulade" sauce and I will literally never get just they regular Mayo on my chicken sandwhiches from this point ever going forward, it's literally THAT good.

"Only the spicey remoulade for this remouLAD" as I am always saying these days!

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
...."Back"?

I don't get it, Popeye's in Canada has had chicken sandwiches for years.

Is it like a whole new thing down there, or what?

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
...."Back"?

I don't get it, Popeye's in Canada has had chicken sandwiches for years.

Is it like a whole new thing down there, or what?
It's a new and improved recipe over the old recipe that they used to serve, does your canadian chicken sammie come on the inside of a "Brioche" bun for the roll, with a new and improved crunch batter and "barrel aged" pickle slices with a zesty spiced creole canjunaisse sauce? Because the USA version has all of that vs the old sandwhich which had literally just chicken and bbq sauce on a regular burger bun.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It's a new and improved recipe over the old recipe that they used to serve, does your canadian chicken sammie come on the inside of a "Brioche" bun for the roll, with a new and improved crunch batter and "barrel aged" pickle slices with a zesty spiced creole canjunaisse sauce? Because the USA version has all of that vs the old sandwhich which had literally just chicken and bbq sauce on a regular burger bun.

I don't know, been a while since I visited the local Popeye's.

I just found it weird that everyone's going ape**** over a chicken sandwich like it's some whole brand new thing.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
I don't know, been a while since I visited the local Popeye's.

I just found it weird that everyone's going ape**** over a chicken sandwich like it's some whole brand new thing.
Well maybe perhaps before you hate onto it you should acturally TRY the sandwhich out for yourselve and then come back and holler at your boy about it but until then maybe perhaps you can literally miss me with that.

Reactions: Jiminy Cricket

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well maybe perhaps before you hate onto it you should acturally TRY the sandwhich out for yourselve and then come back and holler at your boy about it but until then maybe perhaps you can literally miss me with that.

Who said anything about hate?

I've had a chicken sandwich at Popeye's before; it's pretty good.

Again, the only thing that surprises me is that you Americans have apparently gone without Popeye's chicken sandwiches for this long.

It's like finding out the Big Mac was an exclusively Canadian burger until last week, or something.

Are Kinder eggs still illegal down there? Just curious.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Who said anything about hate?

I've had a chicken sandwich at Popeye's before; it's pretty good.

Again, the only thing that surprises me is that you Americans have apparently gone without Popeye's chicken sandwiches for this long.

It's like finding out the Big Mac was an exclusively Canadian burger until last week, or something.

Are Kinder eggs still illegal down there? Just curious.
It's literally a NEW chicken sam-sam that replaced the OLD one which was not even anywhere near as good as the NEW version with the gourmette bun, gourmette sauce and crafted pickles slices on it, not to mention the new batter formula for the breadding which is literally crispier and buttermilkier than the last formulation that was replaced by the new recipe!

GOSH!

Reactions: Jiminy Cricket

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It's literally a NEW chicken sam-sam that replaced the OLD one which was not even anywhere near as good as the NEW version with the gourmette bun, gourmette sauce and crafted pickles slices on it, not to mention the new batter formula for the breadding which is literally crispier and buttermilkier than the last formulation that was replaced by the new recipe!

GOSH!

Uh huh.

Well, I'm certainly still looking forward to the viral vids that will flood my IG feed next week, of overheated Americans ripping **** up a Popeye's restaurant because they ran out of sandwiches.

Should be fun! Enjoy your "new" sandwiches. :laugh:

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Uh huh.

Well, I'm certainly still looking forward to the viral vids that will flood my IG feed next week, of overheated Americans ripping **** up a Popeye's restaurant because they ran out of sandwiches.

Should be fun! Enjoy your "new" sandwiches. :laugh:
@koyvoo just lit you up!

Reactions: koyvoo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad