Poor start due to bad luck?

Jan 19, 2006
Bad luck can make you lose.

Bad luck can't make you look incompetent, disinterested and just plain ugly while doing it.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Me being the person I am, always have stayed optimistic, I have gotten frustrated at times and said this team sucks, blah blah blah. But in reality, we don't suck, we just need to find our groove, and create chemistry with each other. It isn't bad luck, that is a bunch of crap. We just need to play hockey.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
The massive injuries, combined with the crammed lst weeks schedule is bad luck.

Not stepping up or not having shut down goaltending sucks.

We should be 3-3 luck aside.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
You can pretty much say that about any sport...I'm sorry but stats are actually very major thing in hockey

Ya they count, I get it. But people in hockey don't go as far as in baseball. There isn't some guy out there who keeps track of 3rd assist on goals, because the NHL doesn't. Those goals would never happen without that player, yet he gets no credit for it at all. All he gets is maybe a +1, which is no different from the guy just hopping over the boards on the ice.

I think its more emotional that baseball. You have to have emotional and desire to win a one on one battle in the corner for the puck, not so much to take a routine grounder at 2nd for the out at 1st.

One could argue, but thats my stand (having played both for a long time).

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Ya they count, I get it. But people in hockey don't go as far as in baseball. There isn't some guy out there who keeps track of 3rd assist on goals, because the NHL doesn't. Those goals would never happen without that player, yet he gets no credit for it at all. All he gets is maybe a +1, which is no different from the guy just hopping over the boards on the ice.

I think its more emotional that baseball. You have to have emotional and desire to win a one on one battle in the corner for the puck, not so much to take a routine grounder at 2nd for the out at 1st.

One could argue, but thats my stand (having played both for a long time).

What do you mean by "people in hockey don't go as far as in baseball"? Also yeah we don't keep track of 3rd assist yet we do for 2nd ...hockey keeps track of hits, PP goals, the +-, game winning goals, short handed goals, blocked shots, penalty minutes, shots on goal and on and on and on....compared to say soccer where there's no such thing as a 2nd assist ..where the only stats anyone ever either mentions or cares about are goals, assists and bookings yeah hockey's pretty stat obsessed....but I won't take away from you that there's a lot of emission involved, hockey's a sport where momentum can shift in the blink of an eye and emissions due fly high ...baseball's "emissions" are comparable to bowling can't even compare

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
What do you mean by "people in hockey don't go as far as in baseball"? Also yeah we don't keep track of 3rd assist yet we do for 2nd ...hockey keeps track of hits, PP goals, the +-, game winning goals, short handed goals, blocked shots, penalty minutes, shots on goal and on and on and on....compared to say soccer where there's no such thing as a 2nd assist ..where the only stats anyone ever either mentions or cares about are goals, assists and bookings yeah hockey's pretty stat obsessed....but I won't take away from you that there's a lot of emission involved, hockey's a sport where momentum can shift in the blink of an eye and emissions due fly high ...baseball's "emissions" are comparable to bowling can't even compare

All I meant by this is that people in baseball and certain fans take stats to a whole new level. With these advanced stats now a days its like you need a math degree to figure some of these equations out. These stats really just seem to make me dizzy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad