Confirmed with Link: Pontus Åberg signs with Ottawa

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Talented but had some character issues his last time around. Might be a good add on the 3rd line RW spot

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
High end AHL scorer.

Has played a fair number of NHL games as well, so he could compete for the 3RW opening in camp.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Should help Belleville and is a call up option if we have injuries,. I'm happy with this.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Agozzino and Aberg together are fantastic additions for Belleville. More importantly if the Sens get some injuries these are guys with some actual skill and not just guys that become grinders at the NHL level.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I remember being pretty high on him his draft year. Obviously didnt develop like a lot thought he could but def a solid signing for Bville.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
High end AHL scorer.

Has played a fair number of NHL games as well, so he could compete for the 3RW opening in camp.
Huh, I thought he was a LW, but if he play RW it gives a bit more flexibility and provides some competition which isn't bad. Still think he is AHL bound though.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I remember being pretty high on him his draft year. Obviously didnt develop like a lot thought he could but def a solid signing for Bville.
I remember the hype. He's posted 34pts in his past 80 games in the NHL and is only 27... not expecting much but I am sure he will play for us at some point and I am sure he will showcase some offensive flair.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Huh, I thought he was a LW, but if he play RW it gives a bit more flexibility and provides some competition which isn't bad. Still think he is AHL bound though.

He played mostly RW when I saw him with the Marlies in 19/20. Think he can play either wing though.

He had 5 or 6 goals against Belleville that season.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He played mostly RW when I saw him with the Marlies in 19/20. Think he can play either wing though.

He had 5 or 6 goals against Belleville that season.
Well that explains why we targetted him...

Cool, if he does crack the team he'll likely provide about as much as Dadonov did at a fraction of the price...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Agozzino and Aberg together are fantastic additions for Belleville. More importantly if the Sens get some injuries these are guys with some actual skill and not just guys that become grinders at the NHL level.

hahahaha ..... some skill .... hahahaha & people say Boucher has no skill ... hahaha

I expect that this is the Dadonov replacement & will be flipped at the TDL. That will keep both Sokolov & Kelly in Belleville until the TDL unless they are called up as injury replacements.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
hahahaha ..... some skill .... hahahaha & people say Boucher has no skill ... hahaha

I expect that this is the Dadonov replacement & will be flipped at the TDL. That will keep both Sokolov & Kelly in Belleville until the TDL unless they are called up as injury replacements.
They signed him to a two way deal, that suggests they expect him to play in the AHL for at least part of the time. Unlikely he is seen as the Dadonov replacement, maybe they think there's a chance he catches lightning in a bottle, but I suspect they are not at all counting on it

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Well, I was going to post exactly this lol

I think Troy Mann's influence starting to be felt a bit more heavily

Great for the prospects in Belleville to have great offensive vets to help them out. Since the B-Sens got their team there, veteran talent has been really subpar, any success we had in the AHL came from the prospects pretty much entirely

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
All I know is his youth team's name's FoC Farsta (in Borut accent)! :laugh:

focfarsta4.png

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They signed him to a two way deal, that suggests they expect him to play in the AHL for at least part of the time. Unlikely he is seen as the Dadonov replacement, maybe they think there's a chance he catches lightning in a bottle, but I suspect they are not at all counting on it
Yes, I realize that, but who is the competition ahead of him that has more experience at RW? Maybe & most likely White if he moves to RW could be considered a better player, although I think he replaces Tierny on the 4th line centre spot when he is moved out.

It all depends on what happens to L. Brown, if he is traded than White remains at centre on the 3rd line. Aberg will still have to beat out Sokolov & Kelly, but IMO they may want them to get more minutes in Belleville than less minutes here. What I found amusing is him saying that they finally brought some skill in when both the guys he mentioned are marginal NHL players & good minor league players. These two have skill, but a 10 AO doesn't, it's amusing.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yes, I realize that, but who is the competition ahead of him that has more experience at RW? Maybe & most likely White if he moves to RW could be considered a better player, although I think he replaces Tierny on the 4th line centre spot when he is moved out.

It all depends on what happens to L. Brown, if he is traded than White remains at centre on the 3rd line. Aberg will still have to beat out Sokolov & Kelly, but IMO they may want them to get more minutes in Belleville than less minutes here. What I found amusing is him saying that they finally brought some skill in when both the guys he mentioned are marginal NHL players & good minor league players. These two have skill, but a 10 AO doesn't, it's amusing.
Watson probably has a leg up on him for the 3rd line which opens up more typical 4th line guys for him to compete with, White as you said could bump over. We could still be signing or trading for someone in the 2 months before the start of the season. Logan Shaw could get a spot on the 4th, he isn't really a scoring line guy but has about 80 more games experience and probably plays a little bit more of DJ's style

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Watson probably has a leg up on him for the 3rd line which opens up more typical 4th line guys for him to compete with, White as you said could bump over. We could still be signing or trading for someone in the 2 months before the start of the season. Logan Shaw could get a spot on the 4th, he isn't really a scoring line guy but has about 80 more games experience and probably plays a little bit more of DJ's style

Whoa ... hold it right there .... Watson is a 4th line player, he's the muscle they expect to drop the gloves with the heavyweights & you think he will play up a line? I believe he could, but I don't think they want to tire him out that way so that he is always ready to go if & when needed. Aberg has some NHL experience, so does Shaw as you say who has been with the org for a while, but I can't remember if he has ever gotten in games here, maybe after the TDL as a reward.

I think that spot is gonna be between White, Aberg & Kelly although I think it all depends on what happens with L. Brown. If he is dealt than White stays at 3rd line C spot & Aberg fights with Kelly for the 3rd line RW spot. If L. Brown is still on the team than Aberg likely starts in Belleville. I don't get why they don't give L. Brown a 6'6" skilled centre a shot before they move on from him, at least see what you have. And if they do move him out, move him out west so he doesn't come back to bite you for 6 or 8 games each yr.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Could merge all the related threads for 2-way / Belleville signings

Shaping up well for Mann in Belleville. Finally, I have been asking for that type of signings for Belleville for a few years.

Andrew Agozzino (C, LW) 1 year x $400,000
Pontus Åberg (RW, LW) 1 year x $150,000
Kole Sherwood (RW, C) 1 year x $150,000
Dillon Heatherington (LD) 1 year x $250,000

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad