Post-Game Talk: Polls show: Wings take philadelphia

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
...He's on a mission right now and something just looks different...

Um yeah may be healing from the groin injury that took him off on a stretcher January 10th 2015? Nuts many fans gave up on him the way they did.

Who was the poster that didn't understand the excitement over AA?:laugh: Haha that's what the young guy can do. Holland and Blashill are so dense, how many more examples do they need to prove the league is getting younger we HAVE to lean on our youth.

Edit: I was a year off...2015, not 2016. Not sure if that injury was still effecting him last season.

Last edited:

TheObserver

Mar 14, 2015
i think AA is probably the wings best player at this point. Im not even joking.

This guy is the most dynamic player on this roster.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I would be interested to hear Blashill speak candidly about how he decides IT, what he thinks he sees in this team. Tired of the old cliches being rolled out.

I wouldnt celebrate this win.

The best was after Athanasiou scored the shootout winner they showed Blashill and he just turned away. No emotion at all about finally winning one. He doesn't like Athanasiou and now he's going to have to play him after he had a monster game when getting actual playing time down the stretch. :yo:

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
So, the Canucks scored 5 today and won at MSG? Gonna be an interesting game on Thursday...

Yeah have no idea where that came from. After losing 8 in a row.:laugh: Law of avgs I guess.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Here are my scores tonight.

DDK(+2-2)
(+) smart little jump into the cycle in o-zone
(-) holding in o-zone not needed
(-) turnover
(+) great pass to AA on goal 2 for us
Green(+4)
(+) great walk the line (the whole line) and SOG
(+) good skate around the o-zone and SOG
(+) good defensive positioning
(+) good pass to 65 2nd assist
Ericsson(+1-2)
(-) pass picked off
(+) good defensive spin and pass to the tape of 53
(-) bad positioning leads to breakaway
Smith(+1-7)
(-) poor pass up the middle
(-) pass picked off, turnover in D-zone
(-) missed the puck at the point on simple pass back (wasn't hoping)
(-) pass banked off skates turnover
(-) schenn went around Smith for SOG
(+) joined the rush
(-) didn't tie up man on goal 2
(-) stupidly stayed in O-zone in advanced position, leads to 2on1 against
Marchenko(+1-2)
(-) poor pass just to no one
(+) set up a 2on1
(-) bad positioning leads to breakaway
Kronwall(+3-1)
(+) nice pass off cross ice off wall right to nelson
(+) nice calm pass back behind the net from a strange bounce in front
(+) great body position by kronwall going into the corner
(-) allowed wrap around on goal 2, slightly interfered with jimmy

Smith had a horrible game, you guys probably noticed!

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Would love Mantha up and out out.

Tatar-Nielsen-Abby
Larkin- Z- nyquist
Mantha-AA-Bert
Sheahan-glenny-helm

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Anyone else feel like we're watching a replay with the Habs hot start this year?

Oct 18, 2006
AA joint leading goals for this team. Give him more minutes. Makes things happen.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Finally!!! Being a Wings fan in Pa has been so hard, I didn't even make it to my seat before it was 1-0 Philly... I finally get to enjoy a win In Philly!!!

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Disappointed with Blashill's deployment of Bertuzzi after saying he was gonna get a lot of minutes.

Hm? Blashill said he wanted to play him more earlier in the game but the penalties and powerplay mixed things up.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

He was our best player in the preseason last year. He makes something out of nothing.

The posters here predicted before the game that we will make Mason look great and we did. He stopped all 32 shots by our team but one, while AA beat him twice on 4 shots.
AA provides the offense which this team badly needs.

Howard.
I have criticised Howard a lot and so many disagreed with me on this board. I said his body language showed very low confidence.
But tell me now, can't you see how he oozes of confidence this season. Look at the save he makes on Giroux and makes it look easy like nobody's business. In addition he sweeps the puck to the side. Howard is like 3 times better than past 3-4 seasons.

He even makes Hasek saves.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Well he's not far from it at least. He still needs to be more consistent, but I've been saying for a while that AA's potential is almost unlimited. We would be seeing goals like the one he scored in this game a lot more often if our D could hit him in transition more than once in a blue moon.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
AA had a good game, but I think Sheahan isn't getting nearly enough love in here. The guy was actually involved in the play, took the body, and played a hard game. He plays like this on a more consistent basis and maybe the Wings hopes of him being more than a borderline 3C will actually pan out.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
AA had a good game, but I think Sheahan isn't getting nearly enough love in here. The guy was actually involved in the play, took the body, and played a hard game. He plays like this on a more consistent basis and maybe the Wings hopes of him being more than a borderline 3C will actually pan out.

He sure does as he feels the heat. He has to show something. If he can't provide offense than he has to provide physic play.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Must have been watching a different game because he looked like one of our best defenseman to me tonight. Very active.

He chases way too much in our end. Very little regard for his positioning or assignment.

I'd like to see Marchenko replaced by Sproul first and foremost, but also wouldn't mind swapping Smith for XO.

I've actually been pleased with XO's play this year even though it seems like most haven't been.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Just saw the 2nd goal. What a speed. Nice goal and a very nice pass.

Overall, I'm not sure if it was good enough. I dont think Flyers played as well as they did last time. I dont think they were as engaged as before. Hopefully Wings can build off from this.

D was pretty good at blocking lanes but still getting outmuscled and having hard time taking puck away in our zone.

Zone entry is still a disaster. Guy coming through middle and pass to winger at blueline doesn't connect consistently enough.

In O zone, we are not winning puck battle in corner enough. Maybe that's where we miss Vanek more than anything. Since we can't win the puck we still resort to passing to avoid pressure at all cost and that's kinda making easy to predict where the puck is going and to defend.

I didnt think Bert's first shift in our zone was that great but I thought he was ok for the most part. Still it showed he's kinda new to NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad