Pollak Retiring From the Merc, Pashelka taking over full time

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com
This was mentioned in the Sharks News thread, but I feel like it deserves it's own thread. Longtime Sharks beat writer for the Mercury, Dave Pollak, is retiring:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/2015/07/09/after-eight-years-as-sharks-beat-writer-and-a-ridiculous-44-in-the-newspaper-business-time-to-move-on/

Curtis Pashelka, who was splitting time with DP last season, is now taking over full time. Infinite thanks to Dave for his work covering the Sharks, especially all the extra little notes and quotes that he would put into the blog.

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
Pollak was probably the best beat writer out there. All that traveling takes its toll tho. There were a few years where I read everything be put out. Really solid work.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Must have been the leaked Thornton comments. This year's Remenda.:sarcasm:

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
I saw this. Made me sad is I always liked Pollak as a beat writer and blogger. He will be missed for sure, Mr. Pollak if you are out there in HF, congrats to you and i hope you enjoy retirement.

I will be interested to see Pashelka 's style moving forward.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I'm going to miss Pollak, he was a very professional and affable person who was always consistent and informative in his blogs and twitter posts. All the best to him in his retirement.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Solid writer. Feel the Sharks have been very fortunate to have him on the scene - looking at other teams, we could have been much worse off...

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Pretty clear on two things based on the reaction of the fans:

1)EVERY comment on his post was positive. That shows that he was legit and not a guy trying to click-bait. From Bobby Mac to Puck Daddy, most of the top notch hockey guys wrote something nice about him.

2)Sharks fans are pretty classy. (yes...even you). No trolls, just well-wishes

znrch

Too real.
Apr 3, 2013
Central CA
Thought he was good, but I'm really excited to see more of Pashelka's writing. Imho Pollack could get a little melodramatic.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Thought he was good, but I'm really excited to see more of Pashelka's writing. Imho Pollack could get a little melodramatic.

Pashelka's writing style is more difficult to read. I couldn't stand that already, but then he just had to pass off that lopsided Bieksa-for-9th-overall rumor from Twitter as something worth any consideration. That's irresponsible and ignorant reporting at best. Not looking forward to the Pashelka era at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad