Speculation: Poll: Who would be your choice for new GM of the Oilers?

Who would be your choice for the new GM of the Oilers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I think Fenton or briesbois would be the best option. However neither of them seem plausible until offseason.

As a result next week we need Chia fired and maybe Nicholson or even Lowe to step in until seasons end.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Oh goody Lowe
Because isn’t a big enough circus already l..but it’s totally something Katz would do

I don't like Lowe either but we have to stop the hemorrhaging. Fenton or briesbois arnt coming over tomorrow. If they do it will be off season. Nashville and Tampa are going on up runs and arnt going to give permission to talk to their AGMs mid season.

Who stops the chairelli hemmoraging who also has no interest in being a full time gm next year?

Well that would be chancellor Lowe.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Some people might not want to hear this, but I suspect any new leadership will mean greater involvement for the Gretzky bros.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Count me in for Fenton, then Brisebrois too. Focus on drafting and development!

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I'm a bit skeptical that Chiarelli is in the hot seat.

McLellan though I think is, his decisions have been a bit sketchy this year.

Feb 9, 2013
I voted Fenton... I would like to see what some of these guys could do with a team that spends to the cap - or, is at least willing to.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Don’t know enough about Fenton but he is supposed to be one of the up and comers. So he would be good as any and comes from a first class organization.

If I wanted an experienced GM it would be Lombardi.

That said I doubt Chiarelli is going anywhere until the end of his 4th year at the earliest.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Which of these guys has a history of drafting well, not overspending on free agency and not known to often give away the shirt on his back on trades?

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I pick another option, an advanced computer algorithm programmed to learn and adapt to trades, cap space, corsi, etc. No more failure puppet GM's. Hey if a computer program can beat the best chess masters, it can also facilitate trades and signings. Lets go modern.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Lombardi or fenton wont have it quite so easy up in feedersville better they take a job in a market with no appetite for hockey that has to be handled with kid glovea by the officials, players and other gms.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad