**POLL** What are the top 3 problems with the Oilers

What are the top 3 problems with the Oilers?

• Total voters

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The fact that so many poll answers have been picked multiple times shows how deep the problems run here.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Montreal drafted Romanov in the 2nd round, and he looks like he's going to be a keeper, and maybe more than that. Holland just gave away two 2nd rounders for nothing, like it was candy at a parade. This team needs all the draft picks they can get, to try to hit some home runs or at least some doubles.
I agree with the notion but until we start turning picks into NHL players I think they should be expendable.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Montreal drafted Romanov in the 2nd round, and he looks like he's going to be a keeper, and maybe more than that. Holland just gave away two 2nd rounders for nothing, like it was candy at a parade. This team needs all the draft picks they can get, to try to hit some home runs or at least some doubles.
Actually he gave away two 2nd rounders for a guy who just scored 3 goals on 3 shots to start the season.

Reactions: Aerchon

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
1. Defense - Lack of quality defenders that can actually defend well
2. Klef injury - Nurse & Bear are a serviceable 2nd pair, nothing more, & certainly not 1st pair
3. Soft - We are simply too easy to play against. Yep, we have guys like Nurse & Kass, but they don't bring it consistently, or even very often
The soft one is a valid point. Montreals size on D was a major issue for them. It was an issue against the Hawks at times too. Hopefully Neal can come back strong.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Turris, Kahun, JP, and Barrie with his money :DD
Kahun - 975,000
Turris- 1,650,000
JP - 1,175,000
Barrie - 3,750,000

Jeezus, were they going to offer him 7,750,000/year?:DD

Not to mention, all of those guys were UFA's and available for nothing, and the other was already under our control.

So, the answer is Zippo, nadda, zilch.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You clearly know where I was going with the joke. Obviously it just wasn't funny at all.
I guess I didn't, sorry.

But the bottom line, is that AA is playing for someone else and scoring (for now at least), and we have nothing to show for the trade, other than losing 2 second rounders.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Imo the talent level is fine except in our back up goaltending and we could use a better starter. The team is not executing but I'm not ready to say that it's a problem with the systems or work ethic. It is too early

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I guess I didn't, sorry.

But the bottom line, is that AA is playing for someone else and scoring (for now at least), and we have nothing to show for the trade, other than losing 2 second rounders.
Lots of people didn't think it was wise to qualify AA at his 3mil qualifying salary, even though we gave up 2 seconds for him.

Instead of throwing 3 mil at AA, that money was basically used to bring in Turris/JP and Kahun.

I'm just poking fun at that since AA has 3 shots and 3 goals.

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
The team has been consistently horrible to watch since 06 The only reason is still follow them is we lucked out and for McDavid but the team itself is still the same old.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Lack of quality NHL level talent

league worst drafting and developing over the last 30 years

ingrained losing culture

^^these have been the ongoing issues with the Oilers for decades and losing is an extremely difficult habit to break !! o_O

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad