Poll of what could happen this summer

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Trotz turning the team around lately + Poile's moves for Jarnkrok and Forsberg will extend their shelf life.

I'm ready to move on and try something different, but I have a feeling we see the status quo for a little while longer.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Trotz turning the team around lately + Poile's moves for Jarnkrok and Forsberg will extend their shelf life.

I'm ready to move on and try something different, but I have a feeling we see the status quo for a little while longer.
Agreed plus Rinne going down

I intended this to be a poll of what people think will happen not want to happen

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I voted neither. 1) I really don't think it'll happen and 2) even if they're not there next season, I don't think it'll actually be called "fired" anyway. Poile will "step down for health reasons" which may or may not improve, Trotz will be "hired away"/"poached" whatever, but it won't be presented as a Predators decision.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
I think Trotz will be let go and Poile steps down. Like i have said before could be an interesting offseason.
They don't play Buffalo or Calgary anymore.
Ducks/Sharks/Stars/Wild away
Caps/Yotes/Hawks at home.

I don't see it being a pleasant ending.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Really don't see either being fired, unless it's Trotz, and the only way that's happening is if Poile steps away in some form and the new GM gives Barry the boot. I still think Poile should be let go/pushed/whatever, but I just don't see it.

As for Barry if next year is another disaster - sure, but too many things outside Trotz's control this year - we the fans may think he needs to go but I don't see it from ownership.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
So what happens if Weber, Josi, or major player exibit x get hurt next year and the team is boring and does not make the playoffs. Does Trotz get another pass?
How many does he get?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
So what happens if Weber, Josi, or major player exibit x get hurt next year and the team is boring and does not make the playoffs. Does Trotz get another pass?
How many does he get?

Using Buffalo as an example with Lindy Ruff. He and Trotz being hired at about the same time.

Last 6 years Buffalo made playoffs twice exiting after the first round both times. Before Ruff got the Ax. There are two contributing factors on Trotz situation. The main one being does the ownership think he can return the team to the playoffs(this depends heavy on DP). The difference in Buffalo and Nashville in ownership will be a factor also the new owner stuck with Ruff a full year before replacing him and the GM. The fanbase in Buffalo is pretty much the same as it is here about 60 40 pro Trotz.

If I were to guess he is feeling some heat but its a low simmer right now. The team is Bi-Polar right now so Trotz get a bye again. Poile will be under a great amount of pressure to make some good decision to get the team competitive. Unless he can pull a rabbit out his bum I think he retires by next Christmas perhaps at the end of the season. If that happens who knows what direction ownership goes will it be Fenton? Or will they go for new blood? If they go outside I think Trotz leaves with Poile.

If both Trotz and DP are here on opening day its not likely a change is made til 2016.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Neither are going anywhere this offseason.

1. They have a built in excuse in the Pekka injury.

2. The Preds owners don't strike me as high-intensity hockey owners. I think they're kind of happy to be in the game, and they have alot of faith in David Poile - who's rep is better everywhere else but here.

I think DP and Trotz give it one more shot with a healthy Rinne, some young forwards, and some minor tweaking to the forward corps before anything happens.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Neither are going anywhere this offseason.

1. They have a built in excuse in the Pekka injury.

2. The Preds owners don't strike me as high-intensity hockey owners. I think they're kind of happy to be in the game, and they have alot of faith in David Poile - who's rep is better everywhere else but here.

I think DP and Trotz give it one more shot with a healthy Rinne, some young forwards, and some minor tweaking to the forward corps before anything happens.

Didn't we just do this last year? Yes, we did. :shakehead

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site

You're going to end up pretty surprised then. The question isn't if a change is going to be made, but if it is both.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
You're going to end up pretty surprised then. The question isn't if a change is going to be made, but if it is both.
You seem pretty convinced in that opinion. Saw it in another thread.
I am sure you must have a reason for that certainty. I guess time will tell...

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I truly believe, nothing will change this year, personnel wise anyway. They'll sit down and discuss what needs to happen Trotz will get another year.

Two views on this. You may be spot on and they use the Rinne injury as the reason the season fell apart OR the articles being written by a few people are telling the truth and where there is smoke, there very well could be a fire.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Been saying it for a while now ( and I may have stole it from 101st, been a while so can't remember) that as long as Poile is here Trotz will be too. The reason? I think Poile is getting close to being done, and I don't think he wants to go down firing his head coach, if the move is made it will be after he retires.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
If anyone is going to be held responsible for this season, I think it is Poile. And the reason being, he gambled on a goalie with 1 NHL game experience to back Pekka up. But I don't think anyone expected Pekka to go down with Ecoli in his hip 6 months after the surgery.

That said, I do not see the owners firing him. They may ask him to retire, but I feel that he will be here until he does retire, whether or not that is this year or 3 years from now.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
If anyone is going to be held responsible for this season, I think it is Poile. And the reason being, he gambled on a goalie with 1 NHL game experience to back Pekka up. But I don't think anyone expected Pekka to go down with Ecoli in his hip 6 months after the surgery.

That said, I do not see the owners firing him. They may ask him to retire, but I feel that he will be here until he does retire, whether or not that is this year or 3 years from now.

An unproven goalie has been done here before. Lindback had 0 NHL starts as well as Mason, Dunham only had 13 starts if I remember right with the Devils before he became or #1 and Ellis had just one game in Dallas before coming here. So that is not going to be the black eye we think especially when the team has Mitch Korn. With that said in preseason I was livid about going in committed to Hutton but as it turns out he has done better than I expected, clearly than Mason2 and comparable to Dan Ellis.

If anything happens with Poile its likely gonna be due to his health. Or that will be the story we are told. He could step aside for Fenton and remain advisor and grand Poobaaaa for that matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00