Poll: How is everyone feeling about Derek Lalonde?

What are you current feelings on Derek Lalonde as the Red Wings coach?

• He's doing fine, I'm happy with his performance to date

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • Not thrilled with his performance, but think he can eventually get the job done

Votes: 39 22.9%
  • I'm starting to become skeptical that he can get the job done

Votes: 55 32.4%
  • I'm not impressed at all

Votes: 44 25.9%

• Total voters

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
I'm still calling after the Boston model, that goalies should play 50/50, split it equal, every second game. That will keep both in game shape, but controls also the game wear.

Lyon and Reimer are quite equal on season data so far.

I could maybe say, that Reimer has had tougher quality of starts, based on the xG against.

View attachment 845396

I would guess xG against is more indicative of the goalies playstyle. Reimer is not very good at rebound control.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
There was also more (almost double) rush attempts against. Those are high xG plays.
Heh, I guess that's what I get for not looking at the attachments :). After looking I can see that rebound attempts are quite similar, so my previous post can be deleted.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
I loved seeing Blashill whispering on Cooper's ear. And then, after few minutes, they lost the game. :P
Blashill is still working for the Wings, Red Wing for life! You can take Blash out of Detroit but can't take Detroit out of Blash:laugh:

2022 IIHF Worlds, bronze medal game Czechia-USA. Before the 2nd period started, i walked down from my seat to behind of USA's bench and when the coaches arrived, i yelled "Hey Jeff! Let's go Red Wings" and i pointed my Wings-cap. Blashill gave a approved-nod and winked his eye.

By then he was released by Detroit a month before but heart was still beating for the Red Wings.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Reimer has basically the same stats as Lyon, even with Lyon's hot streak. Not taking anything away from Lyon as without him we likely are out of the playoffs by a lot, but Reimer has been fine outside that 4-5 game stretch where he let 4 or more in that stretch. .906 from a backup goalie, especially this season is pretty good, especially with our shitty defence and team effort a lot of nights. Weird how Lyon at .907 gets put into such a different tier of goalie on here, just because most like his style better.

Reimer had some cringey goals against that should have been easy saves, like the one that was coming at his face and he ducked. The bouncer from the blue line that went 5 hole also sticks in the mind. Generally speaking, he doesn't look confident even when he's playing well, and I think that has a lot to do with it.

Reimer and Lyon are pretty comparable though, both are decent backups. Neither are starters on a Cup contender. Not sure why Husso gets any love, out of the 3, he is the most consistent at giving up soft goals.

Reactions: dalem177

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
Blashill is still working for the Wings, Red Wing for life! You can take Blash out of Detroit but can't take Detroit out of Blash:laugh:

2022 IIHF Worlds, bronze medal game Czechia-USA. Before the 2nd period started, i walked down from my seat to behind of USA's bench and when the coaches arrived, i yelled "Hey Jeff! Let's go Red Wings" and i pointed my Wings-cap. Blashill gave a approved-nod and winked his eye.

By then he was released by Detroit a month before but heart was still beating for the Red Wings.
The lose is strong in this one

• Haha
Reactions: Gniwder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad